21 :: amaranth red

Jungkook docks the boat by the dark, rocky pier of Alcatraz Island. The two of you hop onto the ground and look around. You mumble to Jungkook before taking a step forward, "Be careful and for the love of God, stay safe and don't act so much on instincts."

"Fine, Fine," he flashes you a smile.

"The island's too big to search on foot. But if we go to the security office, we might be able to have an overlook of the entire area using their devices." Jungkook nods and guides you. The two of you pass through Cellblock A and enter the security office. The room is empty and the radio receiver lies broken.

"Any sign of the guards?" You ask and Jungkook scans the live cameras. He shakes his head and you sigh. "Okay." 

"I'll search for them."

"Alright. I'll try to locate Taehyung on the security camera meanwhile." You look at the huge monitors after Jungkook walks out in search. You see video feeds of the shore, the docks, the roofs and the cell blocks. You click on the roof having seen movements around.

The camera displays a live feed of the roof. You see Lisa tied down to a metal chair, struggling to free himself from the restraints.

"Jungkook! Come in here!" You scream out and realise Jungkook has gone far away in search of the guards. "Lisa is tied up to a chair on the roof, oh no." 

You rush out, taking easy and light steps so as to avoid attention. You slink along the cellblock wall, keeping to the shadows when you notice a metallic glint. You narrow your eyes, trying to focus on what you are looking at and then it becomes clear to you. You are looking at a silenced pistol.

You whisper to yourself, who has his gun on him, "It's Taehyung."

Taehyung crouches along the wall, totally oblivious of your presence around. You step up behind him and jab your pistol to his back.

"Not one move." You dig the pistol into his flesh. "Now drop your weapon."

Taehyung whips around impossibly fast and bats the pistol straight out of your hand. You stagger backwards, stumbling on the back of the heels of your boots. Taehyung raises his gun to shoot you but you lift your leg and swiftly kick it away, the tips of your boots, jabbing into his hand. The two of you square off, slowly circling each other till a long, sharp scalpel slides out of his sleeve and into his hand.

"What in the—"

He dives forward, slicing at you but you instinctively duck, the scalpel whizzing swiftly through the air above you. Your hand flat on the ground, you stretch your right leg and kick Taehyung's feet out from beneath him. He drops to the floor and winces in pain from the impact.

You dive forward but Taehyung rolls out of your way. He kicks up from the floor and lands on his feet. Your eyes widen at how skillful he is before you run forward, throwing two fast punches at Taehyung. He glides out of the way gracefully and then jumps forward and tackles you to the ground.

Your eyes widen and you kick at his leg but he doesn't budge. He wraps his fingers around your throat. You choke, pushing at his chest constantly till you feel him loosening him up. At that very minute, you kick his shin and push at his chest. Your hand finds Taehyung's chin and you shove his neck roughly backwards.

He stumbles backwards, groaning in pain. Taehyung lifts his arm to throw a punch at you when Jungkook appears behind him.

"Hey, Taehyung."

Jungkook stands against the doorway of the cellblock. He whips out his gun and fires, the bullet grazing his shoulder. Taehyung cries in pain and rushes up the stairs. Jungkook's bullets ping off the stairway's railing. Jungkook groans, losing sight of him. He rushes towards you and kneels beside you.