𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

A/N Hi! Welcome to the story! There a few things I'd like to say before we jump in. Firstly, you can picture the characters however you want, but I personally have trouble with that, so I pictured Kathrine looking a little like Billie Eilish with platinum hair, Dylan looking something like young Leonardo Decaprio, and Esmeralda looking a lot like Billie too. Also, Kathrine is often shortened to Katy, or sometimes Kathy. Andddd Kathrine and Esmeralda are cousins and they both look like their moms, who were identical twins and they are only a few months apart. Kathrine's aunt passed away when they were little so Kathy's mom takes care of her.  So, that's all I have to say, enjoy!

Kathrine sat with her head down, nearly asleep as felt someone tap her shoulder. "Miss?" She sat up, looking at the substitute teacher. "Are you Esmeralda? I think you are in the wrong period. I believe you were in one of my morning classes." Katy rolled her eyes. "She's my sister." Was all she said before slouching in her chair and yawning. She wasn't the regular sub they had, but she was one of the subs that were to scared to discipline anyone. Kathrine's eyes were almost shut again from the lack of sleep when a paper ball hit the back of her head. Upset, she turned around and made eye contact with the one and only, Dylan Scott. She pulled the spit ball out of her hair and dropped it on the ground. "Fuck you Dylan Scott." She mumbled before turning around. 

The bell finally rung, causing students to run out of the classroom at full speed, considering school was officially over for the day. Katy decided to pack her things slowly, seeing as she wasn't in a hurry. She went to pick up her binder from her desk when a hand slammed down right on top of it. She trailed her eyes up the person's arm, seeing a black watch around their wrist, and taking note of the veins popping out of his arm. She continued to his broad shoulders, to his face. She then rolled her eyes. 

"What do you want?" The boy smirked at her. 

"Why so glum?" He said sarcastically. 

"Look Dylan, I'm not in the mood for you stupid shit." Kathrine said, causing the substitute teacher to clear her throat angerly.

"Relax Kathrine. My mom wanted me to tell you to drive over to my house after school, your mom is already there, apparently we're having dinner together." He said expressionlessly.

"Whatever." She replied.

"Oh, fuck you, Kathrine."

"Right back at you, Scott." She hated being called Kathrine, and he knew it.

"Guess what else she said?" Dylan said chirpily.

"Oh god, what?" 

"She said you could give me a ride since my brother can't like he usually does." He said, still smirking, but finally letting go of the decorated binder.

"Oh goody." She said while grabbing her binder and beginning to walk out of the class room, only to be followed by him.

"What now?!" She yelled at him. 

"What? I'm just walking with you so I don't lose my ride home." He said with a shrug. She finally got to her locker and opened it, throwing everything inside and trotting to the doors, with Dylan still beside her. She unlocked her 1961 Volkswagen. 

"Why is your car so old?" He asked. 

"You've seen my car a thousand times, and now you notice?" She said upset, sitting down in the drivers seat. 

"Besides, I fucking like it so shut up." She said, shoving her key into the slot, hearing the car turn on. Dylan opened the car door on the passenger side and slid in.