𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Katy tapped her foot aggressively as she waited for the obnoxiously loud printer to finish. Once if finally did, she grabbed it and shoved the copy into Dylan's chest.

"What's your deal?" He said as he followed her out of the office. She then stopped dead in her tracks and scoffed.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I should be more enthusiastic about spend every day after school with you, and every weekend for like the rest of my life." She looked at him with a deadly glare.

"Damn Kathrine you act like I want to be in this position." He said, still following her.

"This is all your fault! You could have just been quiet, but like always you opened your giant mouth." She yelled, clearly upset.

"Ugh! My mouth is not giant!" Dylan denied.

"Wow. What a shocker, that's all you got from that." Kate was beyond annoyed by now. She stomped to her locker and grabbed her phone, texting away to her mom what had just happened so she'll know she would be late home.

"Well, maybe if you were nicer to me I wouldn't have done it." Dylan shrugged. Katy looked at him in disbelief.

"How can I be nice to someone that I dislike so strongly?" She asked, with a questionable look in her eye.

"Why didn't you say hate?" Typical Dylan, not getting the message, again.

"I don't hate you. I don't hate anyone." She said coldly before slamming her locker shut and walking back to class.

"Ya know, you're the one that started this." She said, acknowledging that he was barely behind her.

"Oh please, you're still on that?" Dylan asked, referring to the hair pulling incident.

"You're delusional." She muttered before opening the door to the classroom they had gotten kicked out of.

"Oh I see you two have decided to come back. Can I trust that you will not be a disruption in my classroom anymore?" Mr. Smith said with attitude. Kate wasn't really in the mood so she just rolled her eyes and went to her sear without a word.

"Yes, sir. We are sorry." Dylan said as he made his way to his own seat. Kate let out a little scoff, clearly not sorry.

Kate's POV

"I don't know why you're upset, Dylan's hot." My best friend shrugged.

"Oliver! He's awful! Why does no one listen to me?! He's terrible!" I screeched. 

"Yeah so what, he's hot, and nice to everyone...well not you." Oliver crossed his legs and looked at me.

"No! He's terrible! And he is NOT hot. I would rather be with Bentley than him." I rolled my eyes. Bentley was the gross freshman that is supposed to be a junior but couldn't pass the 8th grade.

"Icky. Anyways, we need to get out of my tiny room and go do something. Ooh let's go prom dress shopping!" He said excitedly. You see, Oliver's family is rich as shit so he doesn't even realized when he slips and says something offensive to middle class people.

"Fine." I mumbled, grabbing a jean jacket.

"Fine? This is our first prom and all i get is "fine" ?" Oliver asked, grabbing his phone.

"I mean who would I even go with?" I mumbled, exiting the room with Oliver behind me.

"Dylan Scott?" I scoffed at his reply.

"I'm kidding, go with me if you can't find a date!" He said chirpily as we went down the stairs and walked to my car.

As we walked around the mall we found the store we had been looking for with a sign that read "Have a picture perfect prom! 50% Off on all dresses, jewelry and tuxedos!" It seemed like hours had passed just waiting for Oliver to decide what color goes with my eyes and he finally landed on red. He then ran around the whole stores, grabbing almost every red dress in sight. He then threw them at me and shoved me into a dressing room.

As I walked out I looked at Oliver. "Maybe not..." He mumbled, seeing the dress was too short and too tight. I went back in and came out, wearing the perfect dress. I walked out of the small room and showed Oliver with a large smile planted on my face. 

"Oh Katy it's gorgeous!" He said cheerfully. I turned around to face a mirror, running my hands down my sides. I absolutely loved it.

 I absolutely loved it

"It's perfect." I said truthfully. 

"Agreed." I heard a deep voice say behind me. I averted my eyes in the mirror to find Dylan's older brother, Dean. I turned to face him.

"Oh hey man, whatcha doing here?" I greeted him.

"I brought Dylan here to try on some tuxes for his prom, I didn't go to my prom so I thought why not help him out with his, you know?" He said, slightly frowning.

"Yeah, yeah I get it. This is my friend Oliver." I said, gesturing to him. I look at Oliver to find him basically drooling over Dean.

"Hi, I'm Oliver." He said sticking out his hand with a blush. Oh lord. The two shook hands with unusually large smiles on their faces.

"So I'm gonna go change..." I murmured walking backwards to the dressing room, the two were too lost in each others eyes to even notice. Hell I didn't even think Dean was gay. I soon walked out in my street clothes, at the same time someone in the dressing room beside mine did. I look to find Dylan, looking oddly attractive in a suit. Without realizing, I looked him up and down and took a deep breath.

"Did you just check me out?" He asked with a smirk. 

"Wha- No!" 

"Wow.The Kathrine Gray just checked me out. Who would have thought?" He said confidently. This kid was wayyyyy to confident.

"I didn't. I just didn't expect to see you here, I'm leaving though, to get far away from you." I said, holding my dress tightly.

"Mhm." He said with a smile.

"Oh Fuck you, Dylan." I said with gritted teeth.

"Ditto, Gray." He said happily before turning around and checking himself out in the mirror.

"We're leaving Oli, let's go." I said sternly, interrupting the two's conversation.

Oliver sat on his outdoor chair on his balcony with a smile.

"Is Dean gay? Or bi maybe?" He said looking up at the stars. I giggled.

"Not sure, I mean I guess now that I think about it he has never had a girlfriend." I shrugged. Oliver sighed dreamily.

"Hey is it okay if I spend the night?" I questioned.

"Of course! On one condition though." He said with a devilish smile. I raised an eye brow.

"We throw a party!" He said, throwing his hands in the air. I groaned.

"Please! My dad is gone for the week and I have two packs of beer, enough for a little party!" I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, but if my parents find out about this, I'm dead! Make sure you invite Esme' because one way or another she will find out and snitch on my but if she snitches on me while she's here she gets in trouble too." I finally said. He then squealed and began listing names he of people he wanted to invite, but I wasn't listening when I heard the name Dylan Scott.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It ain't my fault you keep turning me on."

Zara Larsson- Ain't my fault