𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧, 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥

chapter 7, stick in, twist, pull

The next day I awoke with a pounding headache whether it was the alcohol or the emotions of last night flowing through me. I quickly ran to my closet as I was meant to hang out at the Cameron household. Whether that was with Rafe or Sarah it didn't really matter they were both my best friends. As she arrived at Tannyhill she was greeted by the tall boy.

"RC!" he shouted picking up the girl and spinning her around.

"Hi Kook King." the girl said placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Wait, if I'm the Kook King does that make you Kook Queen?" he asked as the girl laughed.

"I've always been Kook Queen" she said as Sarah appeared walking out of the door.

The family sat eating breakfast with the Pogues as Sarah and I saw the HMS Pogue pull into where the Druthers was indicating John B was there to work on the boat. Sarah gave me one look as we excused ourselves walking towards the boat.

"Are you stalking us? Plotting your revenge?" Sarah said as she caught the attention of John B.

"Yeah. Why don't you just tell your daddy I blew the bilge on Druthers?" John responded back catching Reese's eyes.
"Everything's good to go. Just toppin' off these tanks." The boy said climbing back into his boat. Reese watched as he took the tanks. 'The power was out how would he be able to top of the tanks, unless..' she thought to herself.

"Hey, are you okay? 'Cause that eye of yours looks really gnarly." Sarah said edging John on. Reese had always thought the two had some connection from the moment John started working on the boat but Sarah always denied it.

"You know what?You can tell Topper he won the first round. I'll get him next time." John said leaning towards the girl.

"So there's just gonna be a reign of terror on this island now?" she asked.

"Wars have been started for less, Sarah Cameron." John said looking to Reese for some snarky comment but the girl just sat looking at the tanks.

"Okay. Can we drop the whole Pogues versus Kooks thing?" Sarah said looking towards Reese but her mind was somewhere else. "It is really stupid." Sarah continued.

"You know, it's easy to say when you're a Kook." John said leaning over to start the boat.

"John." Reese said finally coming back to reality. "Can you give me a ride home?" she asked the boy.

"What?" Both Sarah and John said as Reese stepped into his boat.

"Reese your car is here." Sarah said.

"I'll get it later I need to be home." Reese said looking at John to just drive, so that's what he did. Sarah sent the boy a salute that turned to middle finger which Reese found very clever.

"Carmichael what the fuck?" John said once they were far enough away from the Kooks.

"You guys are diving down to the Grady White right?" she asked as Johns eyes widened.

"No.." he said quietly lying.

"Well I know you are. And I know none of you Pogues know how to dive and I do, so here I am." she countered the boy.

"Okay." John said deciding not to argue with the girl.

Once they arrived back at the Chateau the friends were utterly confused at why the Kook was there. John explained as no one really had a problem with it other than Kie, but as soon as they got to where the Grady White was they knew they'd have to cooperate with the girl.

"This is empty. You took empty tanks? I..." Reese said looking down at the dials on the tanks.

"Okay, this one's a quarter full." Kie said passing the tank to the other girl.

"It's enough for one of us." Reese said as she knew she'd be the one to do it anyways.

"Love it when a plan comes together." JJ said as he'd fully avoided the girls eyes not wanting to address the events of the night before.

"So Reese is diving?" Pope asked. The girl nodded putting the equipment on her body.

"How hard could it be?" JJ asked trying to call the girl. But he was genuinely nervous for her.

"If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends."  Pope said as Reese agreed with the smart one.

"Bends like, bend over and..." JJ said arching his back. Reese broke out into a soft smile but pushed it away as the boat fell silent.

"The bends kill you." Pope said as Reese's body became covered with chills.

"Let me do some calculations real quick." Pope said as JJ walked towards Reese.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked looking into her eyes.

"That boat's about 30 feet down. Okay." Pope said interrupting their moment. "So it'll take 25 minutes at that depth." he said starting to do math in his head. "Twenty-five.Which means you need to make your safety stop at about... ten feet. All right? For two minutes."

"Sounds simple enough. Ten feet, two minutes. Got it." the girl said as Kie took off her shirt jumping in the water.

"Uh..." John B said.

"What was that all about?" Pope asked.

"I don't know, but I liked it. A lot." JJ said looking to Reese.

"Of course you do." Reese said shaking her head.

"Don't worry Angel, you're still the prettiest one here." JJ said continuing to mess with the equipment on the girls body.

"All righty." Pope said interjecting after Kie's unexpectedness.

"Thanks Loverboy." Reese said placing her hand on his chest again.

"Yeah. Uh, when you... uh, when you're down there, you look for the cargo hold." he said stuttering at the girls hands on his body. "You stick this thing inside and twist and pull, okay?" he told the girl.

"Stick in, twist, pull." she said starting to laugh. "that's what she said." she quietly whispered to herself as JJ caught her eyes who laughed quietly with her.

"Hey! I tied my T-shirt to the anchor chain about ten feet down." Kie said as she resurfaced. "It's where you need to do your safety stop." she said reluctantly.

"Thank you K." Reese said as JJ helped Kie back onto the boat.

"Keep an eye on this." Pope said "You need to make sure you have enough air to decompress."

"Okay, how much do I need?" Reese asked looking forwards at him.

"Unclear. Breathe as little as possible." Pope responded shyly.

"Great I'm gonna fucking die." Reese said annoyed.

"Zen. Think Zen, you know?" JJ said walking back over to the Kook.

"Hey, if we get caught in the marsh, we're basically screwed, so... better get a move on." John B said. Reese sent him a thumbs up.

"You're gonna be fine okay." JJ said looking into the eyes of the Queen.

"Oh I'm not worried about myself." Reese responded. JJ sent her a confused look. "I just know you're gonna miss me while I'm down there." and with that comment she jumped into the water.

________________



I LOVE THIS BOOK
3RD update of the day.

kk i love you.

(1205)