| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 |
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋

𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 and Adelaine already wanted this party to be over

𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 and Adelaine already wanted this party to be over. Ethan hadn't left her side since she stepped inside of the room and, still when she loved spending time with him, he was exhausting her. She had no idea how many people she never saw before in her life she had greeted, and how many males Frederick had brought to introduce her. She just wanted them gone so she could finally go spend some time with Anne and Diana.

"Have you seen Sam?" Adelaine suddenly blurted out, cutting Ethan's monologue as she turned around to scan the room.

"I can't recall." Adelaine nodded, grabbing the delicate fabric of her dress and pulling it up slightly to not trip and walking away from him. "Where are you going?" He asked with a frown, instantly following her close behind.

"To find Sam." Adelaine responded shortly, quickening her pace. She didn't really know where she was going, she just wanted to be alone for one second.

"I'll come with-"

"No." She snapped, turning to look at Ethan, who was staring at her with a hurt expression. Adelaine sighed tiredly as she massaged her temples to try an relax herself. "Just... wait for me here." Adelaine ordered him.

She turned on her heels, resuming her walk without a destination. She took this alone time to wander around the room and analyze each person that was in the enormous ballroom. Truth be told, Adelaine had no idea who half of this people were. She recognized a few from Avonlea and other ones from London, but that was it. And none of this people actually cared about her, except for her friends and family of course. She'd rather have a small celebration at her house than this stupidly big party she wasn't even enjoying.

"Adelaine!" She turned around at the mention of her name to find Anne and Diana walking towards her with big smiles on their faces. Adelaine sighed gratefully because of the sight of this two familiar faces, as she encountered them with a big, tight hug. "We were trying to reach you since the ball started."

"I know. I did too but Ethan wouldn't leave my side, it's like he's glued to me or something." Adelaine shrugged it off, separating herself from her friends and smiling at them. "You two look gorgeous."

"Nothing compared to you, Dela. That dress is exquisite." Diana complimented nicely. Adelaine shook her head slightly, not really taking her friends compliment as she eyed the room.

"Have you guys seen Sam?" Adelaine inquired once again, not being able to see her sister anywhere. "I've been looking for her since I got here."