| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: 𝐋𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐘 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 |
𝐋𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐘

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄?" Adelaine asked Gilbert with a frown, straightening herself as she moved the train door to the left and grabbing the beanie that she had covering her hair so it wouldn't fall

The group of friends that were inside the train had gone completely speechless at the sudden and surprising appearance from Gilbert, leaving him and Adelaine in a stare fight that neither of them dared to break. She also couldn't helo but wonder how had he found out? Was he on the train? Did he spot them from his wagon? Was he trying to snick inside as well?

"I figure I should ask you the same question." Gilbert answered back, passing his eyes from Adelaine to the rest of his classmates for the first time.

Adelaine tried hard to think of a good excuse that would cover the fact that they were traveling illegally inside of a train but her mind was empty of ideas. She also thought that there was no actual reason to lie to Gilbert, it was him after all, and she was sure that, once he heard their plan, he would stand by their side.

She sighed softly, scratching the back of her neck, but before she could start explaining the situation, Anne pulled the sleeve of her coat, instantly calling Adelaine's attention.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we have to hurry." The red haired girl remembered her, earning a single nod from Adelaine who quickly motioned to jump out of the train.

Gilbert instantly offered her his hand to grab in the process, which Adelaine hesitated to grab. Her eyes passed from his extended hand to his eyes, that were looking at her expectantly, and then at his hand again. The voice in the back of her mind shouted her not to force the feelings that were once again bubbling inside her yet, for the first time in what seemed a long time, she decided to act against them and just be for once. Adelaine extended her arm so the skin of her hand could come in contact with Gilbert's and that shock of electricity, that was something both of them were used to by now, cursed through their bodies.

Adelaine stepped out of the train as quickly as she could, letting go of Gilbert's hand as soon as her feet touched the ground. She eyed him and smiled at him gratefully, before stepping to the side and waiting for her friends to imitate her actions. Moody and Cole were the first to follow, helping Ruby and Diana just like Gilbert had done with Adelaine. The last one to step out was Anne, who rejected any help the boys tried to give her, jumping out of the train while she muttered under her breath that she could do it by herself.

"We'll start our way to the pawn shop." Anne told Adelaine, placing a hand over her shoulder and squeezing it softly. "You can meet us there when you finish telling Gilbert about the plan." She finished secretly, earning a soft chuckle from Adelaine.

The Donchaster girl watched her friends walk away, and Anne gave Adelaine one last look filled with mischief  before disappearing through the station's door.