back on my feet, part 2

i know i haven't updated in forever i'm sorryyy but here's an extra EXTRA long chapter so i hope you like it <333

vote and comment if u want..... it does feed my soul xoxo

-

So, Camila would generally consider herself a confident person. I mean, she has to be. She's a confident, ambitious, almost fully grown woman. She gets up on a stage half-naked in front of tons of people and sings stupid songs she wrote herself. She can be vain and ridiculous, and with her House of Hernandez girls, they're vain and ridiculous together, more often than not.

Plus she's got this front. This sexy, charismatic, outgoing front that covers up a multitude of unpleasant emotions. And usually that front works for her. When she's trying to ignore her former best friend and move the fuck on and not be pathetic, it works for her.

The only problem with that is when she's covering up all this shit up, pushing it down - repressing it, as Normani would say - it makes her extremely touchy and sensitive, sometimes. Sometimes to the point of being angry, yes. There was no denying that. Annoyingly, irrationally angry.

Still. It was strange to admit - even to herself - that a lot of the time, it could sort of make her sad.

-

4.

-

I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me
This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy

-

Even though recently it had become obvious Lauren couldn't read Camila as well as she pretended to, there were times when she just managed to hit the nail on the head. Just a few. When they allowed themselves to maybe be serious and not just be fucking around with each other, giggling like children about the most unimportant shit.

It was back in late January before everything went to shit. Camila was having another impromptu sleepover at Lauren's. They were in her apartment, lounging on her couch after spending the whole day baking chocolate chip cookies. They were going to play video games, but Camila brought her guitar, so she had just been strumming chords absentmindedly while she and Lauren chatted and ate their cookies. It was a lazy day for them, and their conversation was similarly dreamy and unfocused but in the best way.

"Can I tell you something super lame?"

"Sure." Camila had her legs kicked up in Lauren's lap. Lauren grabbed her Red Bull off the coffee table and took a sip. "What's up?"

"So, you know how I love to sing-"

"Oh my god, you're right, that is lame."

Lauren smacked her leg. "Shut up," she said over Camila's laughter, but a smile tugged at her lips, stained red from where most of her lipstick had rubbed off. "I've actually written a couple of songs myself. Just, like, my own original music."

"Really?" This struck Camila as really sweet and adorable and not lame at all. Not to mention she'd be a complete hypocrite if she made fun of Lauren for that - duh. She sat up straight. "Okay, now you have to play some for me!"

"Uh-uh-uh." Lauren had a sly smile on her face. "You first."

"What?"

Lauren wagged her finger at her. "I know you write songs, missy. And I want to hear it."

"What?" Camila howled with laughter, more out of surprise than anything. "Oh my god! Did you start that just to manipulate me into playing original music for you?" Lauren's smug face made Camila laugh harder. "You think you're so sneaky, you little asshole. How did you know I write my own songs?"