never thought it could happen

(aka the chapter where i take tswift's songs and claim them for camren)

vote!!! comment!!!!!! & tysm for all the nice comments on the last chapter, it was one of my favorites to write & i'm glad you guys liked it too <333

-

"No."

"Baby."

"I'm gonna be so lonely," Camila groans, rolling over on her bed to face her girlfriend. It must be five or six in the morning, but Hailee's already up and dressed in probably the most casual Camila's ever seen her - sweatpants and a tank top, makeup-free, her hair pulled back in a loose ponytail. "New York is so far."

A few days ago Hailee informed Camila that she had to take a trip to New York for her internship, and she'd be there for a whole week. Camila had pouted - she hated being in the apartment alone - but, hey, duty calls. "Can I come with you?" she'd asked - and she was kidding, of course, because Hailee was going to be working and if there was one thing Hailee hated more than anything it was being distracted during work - but for a second Camila had fantasized about it, about frolicking around in New York with her girlfriend. She'd be an annoying tourist, probably; she'd never been to the east coast before. But still.

Hailee had snorted. "That's hilarious," she'd said, kissing her forehead, and Camila had almost repeated Lauren's thing about kissing her third eye but that joke would probably be too lame for Hailee. Plus, Camila gets it. She has her own job, too. Her own responsibilities. But it would sure be fun.

"I'm going to be alone," Camila whines. She's been feeling pretty cooped up in the apartment lately, despite the fact that she works nearly every day. She just hasn't hung out with anybody lately. Shopping with her girls would be fun this week, maybe. Or a movie, but with other people. All she's been doing lately is watching movies in the apartment by herself.

Not by her own choice, mind you. If it were up to Camila she would be around other people all the time - she feeds off of social interaction. But Hailee's been so busy with work and every time Camila asks Lauren to hang out Lauren cancels on her, which is weird and very unlike her. If Camila didn't know any better she'd say that Lauren is avoiding her.

But it's Lauren. Her best friend in the whole world Lauren. They still see each other almost every day - they still sit side by side, sharing headphones, talking so loudly everyone else is annoyed by them. They just haven't been hanging out much outside of work. But Lauren's probably just dealing with personal stuff. Or maybe she is actually busy.

"You're so high-maintenance," Hailee tells her, laughing a little at her as she opens up her suitcase and triple-checks her stuff. She doesn't need to be at the airport until later, but she's always liked to be almost overly prepared. After she re-zips her suitcase, she sits on the edge of the bed and studies Camila for a second. "Hey, tell you what. We can go out and get some very early breakfast if you want. I have, like, thirty minutes to spare. We can go to that place down a few blocks."

Camila perks up immediately. "Really?"

Hailee lifts one of her shoulders in a half-shrug, feigning nonchalance. "Or, you know, I could leave for a week-long trip without giving my girlfriend a proper goodbye."

Camila cracks up at this, leaning over to give Hailee a kiss. "Alright," she says. "Give me a minute to get dressed."

"You can't just wear that?"

Camila smacks Hailee's arm, grinning. "Perv." Hailee gets a hell a lot of heavily discounted shit from her part-time job at that Victoria's Secret at the mall, so she picks up these silky slips for Camila that she's taken to wearing to bed. We've all seen Camila's place of work - we know she has no qualms about wearing even less clothes than this in front of whole crowds of people, but-