What's The Deal?

They had a nice enough evening, playing board games in the living room and eating way too many snacks. Albus had hot chocolate and Mina enjoyed a cup of tea, made the way she liked it best. No milk, no sugar, just a squeeze of lemon. For about an hour they kept listening out for Cecily, just in case, but no sound came from upstairs.
"So what was so important at the Ministry?" Mina asked when she was finally convinced that Cecily was sleeping soundly. Albus smiled warmly and took her hands. He'd spent all day at the Ministry of Magic and hoped Mina would appreciate everything he'd done.
"I informed the Ministry about us. And Ariana. And Cecily. Did some paperwork and got us an appointment to get our marriage license and sign some papers."
Mina didn't really register the bit about the paperwork, she was still hung up on the first part of the sentence. "You told the Minister? What did he say?"
Albus grinned almost mischievously. "Well, First he was outraged. Then confused, as you know he's not always the brightest tool in the box. But I talked him through everything and now he's coming to terms with it all, especially as I offered my resignation and that's the last thing he wants." Mina breathed a sigh of relief.
"I know he depends on you. Well that's not too bad, is it?"
"Not at all. I also filled in some paperwork, so Cecily can stay with us for as long as she needs to. It's an official foster placement now, the Youth Protection Department is actually quite relieved that they don't have to search for a long-term placement for such a difficult case..."
"So does that mean she can stay... Forever?" Minerva couldn't quite believe what she had just heard.
"I think she might want to move out at some point." Albus joked and winked at her, which made Mina giggle.
"You know what I mean." She rolled her eyes and jokingly threw a couch pillow at him, but he quickly dodged it.
"Yes, my love, of course I do. And yes, she can stay for as long as she wants to, she won't have to leave here until she's ready." Mina took his hand and squeezed it.
"That means a lot to me and makes me very happy."
"I'm glad." He gave Mina a loving smile, he loved making his future wife happy, whether that be by buying her ginger newts or taking in her favourite student.
"But... Are you okay with this?" She now asked, she was a little worried about driving Albus away with her excitement.
"Minerva, I wouldn't get in trouble with the ministry if I wasn't one hundred percent on board. Besides, she's a good kid, I think we're going to be friends. I am not just doing this to please you." She smiled.
"Oh yes, sure." Minerva teased him and Albus lifted her off her feet.
"Questioning my noble intentions, dearest?" She hold on to him tightly.
"Maybe?" She winked and kissed his cheek. "But let's be serious for a moment, I really like this new, caring side of you. Sometimes you seem so distant and aloof in your office, taking care of important things all day and not having to think about the mundane issues we have here. But then you come here and make pancakes with Cecily and well up because of that picture and I know you are human after all." He gave her a tender look.
"You make me human, my love. It's all you. I don't have to be someone who's in charge here. I don't have to be the eccentric but genius warlock, I don't have to cater to anybody's expectations or play the role I have been cast in. I can be me. And you still like me."
"I don't just like you, I love you." She whispered but he wasn't listening and just kept talking. It was like a pipe had burst and his thoughts were spilling all over the place.
"I'm never in charge of myself or my feelings when you are around. Some kind of switch is flipped and I get weak in the knees and there are butterflies in my stomach and I don't know what to say anymore. You're my weakness and my strength at the same time." Mina smiled, this was actually very moving and she felt a little lightheaded, nothing like an unexpected declaration of love.
"That was beautiful, darling." She told Albus and he carefully put her down on the floor and kissed her, while holding her close. Her heart started racing. While he had been open with her about the way she made him feel, Mina suddenly worried that he probably had no idea that she felt the same about him. Or well, he probably did, considering she was carrying his baby and all that, but she'd never officially told him. She felt like they had left their problems behind for now. They stood there for a long time, until Mina felt a slight movement in her belly and drew away.
"Everything alright?" Albus looked at her, a little startled by her sudden movement.
"Yes. But someone is awake." Albus looked in the direction of the stairs but there was nothing, which confused him.
"Not there, in here, silly." She took his hand and put it on the place where she'd felt the baby flutter and waited for the next one, even though he wouldn't be able to feel more than her bump hardening a little. "There she is."
"This is amazing." He whispered. "Wow. There's my baby, this is all happening because my baby is there and alive and starting to move. That's nothing short of a miracle." He'd seen almost the whole world, witnessed countless wonders and still this was probably the most incredible experience of his life, having a baby with the woman he adored. Mina kissed him. She was tired and soon she had to pull away, yawning.
"Albus, be a dear and take us upstairs." Mina said. "Me and baby are very tired." Albus smiled and carefully lifted her up again, then he carried her upstairs to their bedroom.
"Will you need help getting ready?" He asked, which made Mina laugh.
"Something did happen today, how badly did you mess up?" There was no other possible explanation for his sudden urge to assist her every move, was there?
"Nothing yet, just trying to collect credit for when I inevitably do." He joked. Mina gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.
"Well, I'm good for now but thank you for asking." With those words she disappeared to the bathroom.