Chapter Two: The Call

Shai P.O.V ~

The three of us are in line at McDonalds talking about random stuff. We reach the counter to where we order and the cashier froze but quickly came back to reality.

"How may I help you today." She asks.

"I'll have a medium chocolate milkshake and a small fries and a Big Mac." I order.

"I'll have the same but a vanilla milkshake." Chloe orders.

"I'll have one Big Mac with small fries and a large chocolate milkshake." Jen says.

"Alright, your total is $19.02." She says.

We all pitch in to pay. Before we go wait the chaser asks,

"I know you get asked this a lot but can I get a picture with you guys?"

"Of course." I say for all of us.

Her face lights up and she rushes to the other side of the counter and pulls out her phone.

She holds her phone sideways so we can call fit in. She holds it up and I can see cuts on her wrist.

She doesn't... Oh my gosh.

She snaps the picture.

"Thanks so much." She exclaims and heads back to the cash register.

We grab our food and head to a booth.

"Did you guys see cuts on her wrist?" I ask as soon as we sit. They shake their heads.

"Be right back." I say.

I walk over to her and lean on the table.

"How can I--" I cut her off.

"Show me your wrists." I command.

"What?" She asks in disbelief.

"Show me your wrists." I repeat.

"Okay?" She says and shows me her wrists with her sleeves covering it. I grab her her wrist and slide up the sleeves. Cuts over cuts.

"Do you get bullied at school?" I ask. She nods.

"Because you work here?" She nods again.

"Hand me your phone." I say and she obeys.

"What are you doing." She ask. I put my phone number in it and text myself so I can put her as a contact. I take out my phone and put her as a contact.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Emma." She says.

"Text me if you just got bullied need help in what to do, text me. I'll be there to help. Okay?"

"Okay." She smiles.

"Stay strong." I say and leave.

I get back to my table and see that all the fries have been eaten. Even mine.

"Where's my fries?" I ask.

They both have guilty faces.

"Ugh whatever." And they laugh. I dig in to my burger.

"Wouldn't it be awkward if one of us got called and got the part right here." I say. They both nod vigorously.

We talk about each other's careers until I get a phone call. I look at Jen and Chloë. I answer it.

Hello?

Shai?

Yes?

Congrats! You got the role of Beatrice 'Tris' Prior!

No way really!?

Yes.

Wait, you said it'd take couple hours until someone called. It haven't even been one hour.

We already knew that you would get the part we just had to do something first. So if you aren't busy we need you at the same building that you were at for your auditions.

Okay.

I hang up. I'm smiling like an idiot.

"I'm so sorry Chloë but I got the part." I say.

"Don't be sorry I'm ha--" she gets cut off by her phone.

"Hello? Yes. Really? No audition why? When? Okay. Thank you so much." She hangs up.

"I got a part in another movie!" She exclaims.

"What movie?" Jen asks.

"If I stay." She says.

"I love that book!" I say.

"Ya. But filming doesn't start for a while. They have to get through auditions first and I have to go help. The problem is, I have to go to Vancouver for the auditions."

"Go!" Jen and I exclaim.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

"Chloë this is a something you can't say no. Especially if they could still audition for the part you got."

"Oh alright." I have to leave in two days and your guys better see me before I leave for like, who knows how long." She says.

"Alright. I have to go." I say.

"Ya I have to start to pack." Chloë says.

"Same here. Josh just asked me if he wanted to go go carting." Jen says.

"Damn I wish I was there!" I exclaim.

We all laugh and go our separate ways.

A/N: Helloooo! Hope you like this so far! LISTEN: Actors who audition in the next chapter probably didn't actually audition. I just put them in. Okay? Okay.