E L E V E N

Jimin woke up to a sunny morning. The moment he opened his eyes, he was greeted by the sun's blinding light. Much to his disappointment, he left the window open. No wonder why he felt extra colder last night. Lazily, he crept his way out of bed and made it to the bathroom. Facing the mirror, he looked at his image and couldn't help but think that he looked miserable and tired. Realization hit him that he wasn't able to sleep much last night, causing him to heave a deep sigh in frustration. He rolled his eyes, thinking, What a bad way to start the day.

After taking a quick morning shower and washing his face with cold water (always his preference), he managed to look a lot brighter than earlier. Normally he wouldn't check his phone after taking a bath, but somehow, that time he felt like something was up—at least in his notifications. Unlocking his phone, Mina's name instantly came up on the screen, displaying an unread message from her. Abruptly ecstatic, he clicked it faster than ever. It seemed like it was sent out of concern, something that he didn't want her to feel, nonetheless it brought a smile to his face.

Hello Mina, have a good morning :>

Satisfied with his reply, he was about to put his phone back on the table when it immediately notified a new message. With slightly widened eyes, he checked who it was and didn't expect to see Mina's name displayed once again. 

Good morning too seniorrr~ T.T

What's with the emoji? Hahahaha, he replied. 

Because you haven't answered my question yet? :<

Jimin chuckled. He typed in: I just don't want you to worry. I'm fine though, thank you for asking and caring. He sat on the edge of the bed as he patiently anticipated for a response in the next ten seconds or so. And his guess was right.

I'm glad then! Are you perhaps going to the dance studio this afternoon again? 

He was about to reply, but then he remembered yesterday. Yes, the way his fear had nearly consumed him was horrible. It was indeed one of the most terrifying feelings he had ever felt. One experience that he'd never, ever forget. It suffocated him so bad that he found himself about to collapse, in public! Thankfully, she was there to assist him. To save him. But that was exactly the worse part about it; that particular experience might've been a little too unpleasant, but he'd rather experience that again without having to bother Mina. 

She sacrificed her time for him. She purposely neglected her resting time in the dorm just so she could watch over him. He remembered her mentioning that sleep was so vital to her because it could affect her energy and her day, but she wasn't able to have that because of him. He couldn't comprehend how she did that for him, who was in fact not even one of her dear friends. He was beyond grateful that he met someone like her, but at the same time it was a curse, he thought he was doing more bad than good. More trouble than peace. He wouldn't feel relieved knowing that he was dragging her with him.

With that, Jimin decided to not reply.

°°°°

"Isn't that a little too spicy?" Taehyung asked, worried. He was staring at Jungkook's bowl of ramen. Apparently the latter was adding more chili powder and hot oil to his broth even when it was originally spicy enough. But it wasn't any surprise either, Taehyung was just horrified. 

"Jungkook, it's literally so hot today," Jimin spoke. "It's like you're eating a fireball."

"Guys, don't worry," Jungkook said, remotely annoyed. "If I can collect hot girls, I can also eat hot soup." Hearing this, the other two only stared at each other as they tried not to burst into laughter. Jungkook winked, earning scornful looks from the elder boys.