The 2nd Session

"He's so dreamy," Wooyoung sighed and pictured their gorgeous, alluring counsellor. They were walking down the same hallway that had filled their minds with uncertainty only last week, but today was different. Or, at least for Wooyoung it was. In Yunho's case, he was biting back an argument to shun his husband's new-found infatuation with Choi San.

"Keep your fantasies inside your head, Dimwit."

The younger man huffed and punched Yunho's arm lightly. "You're just jealous that such a man is interested in me."

"Actually, I pity the poor soul who has to pick up from where I left off. Plus, there's something odd about that guy."

"That's what jealous people say."

Yunho clenched his fists and shushed Wooyoung in irritation. "I went onto the website last night. There's no mention of a Choi San and no history of one ever counselling here. Isn't that weird?"

"What's weird is your stupid face," he grumbled back bitelessly. "San must be new or something."

Yunho sighed as they arrived outside the door and ran an energyless hand through his brown hair. It was their second session today, and if it went at all like it did last time, then their marriage might as well be abandoned then and there. He knocked on the wood right below the Choi San plaque and tapped his foot impatiently.

"Why are you always in such a rush?"

He looked down at his shorter husband and growled lightly. "Because I'm stuck living with a pampered pooch called Wooyoung, who takes his goddam time doing every-bloody-thing."

He pouted in hurt and folded his arms. "I'd love to see you under as much pressure as I'm under. For just one day, I'd love you to understand how hard I work."

"You don't work! You sit on the couch twenty-four-seven and bleed the cupboards of chocolate and chips while I keep the household running!"

The tensions, as always, rose to meet their flared differences. Nothing they said could start a civilised conversation. He reached forward and knocked on the door again. His handsome counsellor just wasn't answering. "You probably scared him off last week, Numbskull!"

"I give him money to listen to us bitch about each other! Of course he won't run away when a nice source of income is in his hands!"

Wooyoung held the doorknob and shushed his ever-angry partner into silence. He twisted it nervously and the door pushed inwards to let them inside. "Spooky," he whispered and walked in slowly, looking around to see if San was anywhere in sight. "Well, he ain't in here..."

"Clearly." Yunho pushed past him and waltzed inside like he owned the place. The floral carpet was soft beneath his boots and it was warm enough that his coat wasn't needed. A fire roared away in the fireplace and created a more soothing atmosphere for them to accept. But where was San? "The service here is deplorable."

"You are deplorable. You're a big oaf with nothing nice to say."

"At least I have something to say. It's better than sitting there like a pretty face, twirling my hair and giggling at anything and everything."

"Well, at least I have a pretty face then!"

"That's the only pretty thing about you! You can't even add two plus two without a piece of paper to do the maths!"

"I just need more time to do things that come more easily to you."

There wasn't any point in the older man continuing an argument that would only crash like all the others. Instead, they stood in an abrupt silence, blazing glares aimed at the carpet when they couldn't even meet each other's eyes. It was quiet apart from the lively crackle of the open fire and the humming of the old radiators hanging on the walls.