Chapter 1: Disabled

Sora POV: 

“A disabled ninja? Impossible!”

“How can you fight when you can barely stand?!?”

“Stick to art kid, it’s all you’ll ever be able to do!”

These words are the words that have been spat in my face since I was seven years old. It’s not my fault I’m half blind and missing a leg. It’s fine, I don’t really mind. After all, I’ve always been different…

Sora Hatake, a child prodigy in art and ‘assasination.’

Poisons, that’s my strength. People have always been afraid of me for it, shunned me even, Still, I never cared what they thought. My parents supported me and that’s all that mattered. 

Notice the past tense? Yeah my parents are confined to a hospital now and my little brother is dead. Funny how your life can change in a matter of seconds huh?

When I was seven years old a gas pipeline underneath my house exploded, killing my two year old brother and severely injuring me and my parents. 

I lost my right leg and vision in my right eye due to the light emitted from the blast. My dad broke his spine and my mother broke her neck. Medical ninja couldn’t do anything to help their severed nerves. They are both stuck in a comatose. I’m not sure how they’ve survived for six years but they’re getting worse and worse every day. I know that I’ll have to say goodbye soon and I’m not looking forward to it. I’ll be fine, I still have my cousin Kakashi. He took care of me after the accident and trained me to become a kunoichi and use other poisons. Oleander, nightshade,apple seeds and rosary pea are some of my favorites that need to be ingested. As for poisons used in my art, paris green, lead white and orange made with uranium oxide are almost always used but with a special jutsu of mine that speeds up the poisoning process.

I bet you're wondering how I haven’t poisoned myself yet? Well, it’s simple, I have seals that lock away the poison in the materials I work with. When it’s time for them to do their jobs, I simply remove the seal and perform my jutsu to finish the job.

It’s pretty effective and helps make up for my slightly lagging taijutsu skills. I’m good at genjutsu and excel at ninjutsu so I have a decent chakra reserve if I do say so myself. I want to get better though, physically and sharpen my analytical skills.

That’s another strength I have, high intellect. Because of this I need almost constant stimulation and have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. I think a lot and prefer to be alone. Kakashi told me that my brain made it hard for him to keep up with my education as he was raising me.

I think he did and still is doing just fine. He helped me learn to walk again and encouraged me to make friends even though I didn’t want to. Thanks to him I’m close to Naruto and Neji, my best friend. He can be a jerk sometimes and is obsessed with destiny but given his past I guess that’s understandable. Naruto on the other hand is very hyper and TOO DARN PURE FOR THIS WORLD!!! *cries comical anime tears*

There are a few others who I kinda know but don’t consider very close. Gaara for example. I met him when I went with Kakashi to Sunagakure when I was eight. He had a short mission so I went to look for something to do. That’s when I saw a sad redhead boy sitting on a swing, crying. Of course I asked what was wrong and he just looked at me confused. “Why aren’t you scared of me?” His question shocked me a bit.

“Why would I be scared of you? You’re hurting and look like you need a friend. My cousin told me that if someone is hurting you don’t leave them behind, you talk to them and try to make them feel better.” I gave him a small smile which he returned after a moment.

We spent the rest of the day talking and playing on the swings. Sadly though I had to leave but I saw him after a few other times when me and Kakashi went to Suna for missions. It’s been a while since I’ve seen him. Perhaps I’ll go visit him sometime. Whatever, that can wait, I’m late for school. Today’s the day of the graduation exam. I couldn’t go to last year’s because my blind eye somehow got infected -__-’. I’ll pass this time and work towards chunin by analyzing my weaknesses then developing strategies to improve those weak areas then connect them to one of my strengths to get rid of any holes in my learning. (A/N this was some great advice I got from my riding instructor so shout out to her!) 

Yeah, perhaps I’m overthinking again. Being smart has it’s pros and cons. I’ve given myself anxiety by overthinking so much. I don’t care so I don’t do anything about it. Not healthy but whatever. 

Step one of becoming a great shinobi: Kill your emotions, they are distractions and distractions can bring your destruction.

877 words

A/N Hello people! So what did you think of the first chapter? Anyways just so you know I will most likely be updating on the weeks I'm not updating my other story 'Shattered ending?' Its's a MHA fic so if you haven't read it, please check it out. Anyway I hope you liked the first chapter so! Peace peeps UwU!