T = Trinkets

T = Trinkets

Phana stared at the shoebox he'd found hidden in the back of Ming's closet. He hadn't exactly been snooping. It didn't really count as snooping since he was actually helping him pack his stuff. But the fact was that he hadn't been snooping or non-snooping. He'd been gathering the shoes and tenis from the closet. The black box closed with tape had thrown him complete off. He knew that he wasn't supposed to open thing that aren't his, but, they are Ming's so it's the same right? He turned around, Ming was still showering, so he make the decision to open up the mysterious box, inside he found out a bunch of trinkets, mostly women things, a necklace, a hair tie, a silk black tie, a pair of male sunglasses, a bracelet, hair pins, a leather watch, other little things, they weren't his, of course. He had never see Ming worn this things.

So just who did the things belong to?!

Phana was plagued by the question for the next minutes as he waited for Ming to get out of the shower.

But who did the glasses belong to? Because the only culprit he could come up with was the 13 ex-girlfriends, and boyfriends apparently. And that just didn't sit right with him. Ming had told him that he never had any really serious relationships, even Moowarn who had been his girlfriend for almost a year And that he'd never actually flirted with anyone since he became his boyfriend. Just a few casual winks here and there, but that was Ming.

So that meant only one thing. Ming had lied to him. Or was cheating on him. So two things. Although the latter made him physically sick and feel like he was dying. And he wasn't even being dramatic. He actually felt his stomach rolling around, and his hands were so tight around the little things that he was shaking, short breath and constricted chest.

The door of the bathroom opened and closed, the sound echoing through his bones. Phana had been so consumed in his jealousy that he hadn't heard the water turning off. "Hey P, should we ask takeout? I'm too tired to walk" Ming called out.

Phana had been leaning against the bed. He wasn't even sure for how long. But he pushed away from it and turned towards Ming. "Whose are these?" He asked, holding the offending box.

Ming's eyes widened as they settled on the open box. "Where did you find those?"

"In the back of the closet." Phana answered. "I was packing your shoes." He added. "But I know these aren't yours!" He snapped in an accusing tone.

Ming glanced away, looking sheepish. "They uh... they're mine actually."

"Ming, you don't wear hair pins or necklaces." Phana insisted. "Just tell me!"

"They're mine." Ming looked at him in the eye. "I swear!..." He pulled out his cell phone and opened up his pictures folder. "We never talked about this but..." He scrolled through the endless photos and shook his head, good thing he never deleted anything, just simply got bigger memory cards and transferred everything so he wouldn't lose a single picture. "Here." He pulled up a picture and handed Phana the phone. "Those things were theirs, they are mine now"

Phana stared down at the picture. The glasses, and the necklace "Are they?.."

Ming nodded. "My parents" He leaned closer and enlarged the picture. "That is my mom and dad, a few days before the accident."

"Ming i-"

Ming shrugged. "I didn't even remembered that the things were in that box" He swiped his finger across the phone again and another picture of his mom and dad popped up. This time it included Wayo's dad

Phana's eyes widened and he smiled. "Oh is that Wayo's dad i think i saw him in a few photos".

Ming smiled. "I call him Pho now, he helped me a lot, he was my dad best friend"

Pha quickly handed the phone over. His smile a little tight he breathed out. "I'm sorry." he came closer to Ming to hug him and smelled his damp hair

"What did you think?" Ming asked softly as he reached for the box. "I told you." He closed the box with a sad smile. "There's only you for me P"

Phana felt the grieve of his boyfriend, and he was the cause of it, he dropped his gaze to the floor.

"Sometimes... it all just feels like a dream..." He admitted softly. "And I'll wake up one day...and they still be here" he sat on the bed, the box over his lap "And I'll be telling them about you." Ming interrupted himself as if remembering something more important. "But i have a box with trinkets from us P"

Pha let out a laugh and made sure he didn't have tears in his eyes before he looked back up at him. "What?."

"Do you want to see?, you are the only one i keep things, besides them"

"What kind of things do you have?" he took the black box with extreme care and put it over the table with the important documents box

"Remember the flower of valentine's day? Or the chocolate from the next day, i have the handkerchief too!" he smiled and got to the floor to get a bigger box from under the bed.

________________________________________________________________________________

⚙️ ❤️💉