Siblings and secerts

Iida Tenya was aware he didn't have a so-called 'normal family'.

Seeing as how most of the people in his family were heroes, they had a reputation to uphold. Smiling, suits, good behavior, amazing grades. These were only a few of the things that had been drilled into his head as a kid.

Iida didn't mind upholding these expectations. He found them motivating.

Now, he was more than aware that some (most) kids didn't like the pressure. His brother, for example, who would go to every party, get drunk in the streets, smoke weed, anything of the sort to anger their parents.

And he was aware of why. He resented their mother and father, for pushing him into the hero life without a choice.

He could still remember his parents, telling him that he shouldn't be like Tensei. He shouldn't do what Tensei did. That his brother needed help.

Back then, he didn't understand why. His brother was nice and cool. His brother's friends were pretty cool as well. (There was a memory he looked at when he was sad, of Nemuri begging his parents to let him hang out with her, without Tensei.)

Unfortunately, he knew why now. He knew drinking and partying, and smoking wasn't cool. They were bad. They hurt people. Anything could happen while you were in that state.

What would have happened if his brother got in a car and drove while drunk?

The very thought sent shivers down his spine.

Luckily, once his brother became a professional hero, he sobered up. He became the man their parents wanted.

He became better than Tenya. He wasn't as strict, as his parents liked to say. And he could see it. He could see why people loved his brother and disliked him.

To be completely honest, he began to envy his brother. He could only ever stare in jealousy at what his brother had.

Tensei was the kind of person you would want to be friends with. He was nice, he made jokes, and he knew how to 'let loose'.

Tenya? He was strict and awkward. He wasn't the best at talking to people. And he had no idea how to let loose.

But despite all this, Tenya didn't hate his brother.

After all, why would he have gone to Tokyo?

Iida didn't want to think about Tokyo. He didn't want to think about the screams and cries of his mother. Didn't want to think about how his brother wouldn't walk again.

He wanted to be alone. And he wanted to think. He hadn't been thinking clearly as of late, and he was aware of it.

But he rarely got what he wante

------------------------------------------------------

Tensei: TENYA!

Tensei: T

Tensei: E

Tensei: N

Tensei: Y

Tensei: A

Tensei: Tenya

Tensei: Little brother

Tensei: Light of my life

Tensei: Hopefully the next Ingenium

Tensei: My favorite member of the family

Tensei: The wonderful

Tensei: The beautiful

Tensei: T E N Y A