12

Dance practice that day was fairly interesting. Jisung would have been very distracted by the memory of Lee Jeno's apology, if he wasn't already distracted by his increasing suspicion of his coaches' relationship.

The chemistry between them was exceptional, and the way they cared for each other made it seem like they were a lot closer than just co-coaches.

Jisung watched out of the corner of his eye while Ten and Taeyong quietly laughed and talked amongst themselves during a water break.

Ten had a hand on Taeyong's shoulder while the other downed his water bottle. Both of them looked at one another so fondly, Jisung was almost convinced that his theory was correct.

Taking one last sip from his thermos, Jisung pulled his eyes away from his coaches and decided to put his effort toward really focusing during the last half of practice.

That plan went out the window the second he got into place on the dance floor, because he began to wonder about Lee Jeno.

It wouldn't be awkward during tutoring, would it? He hoped not. Jeno apologized for his behavior, and he even laid back on the teasing in class. Sure, a pet name was definitely used once or twice, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it was the day prior. He must've meant it when he said he couldn't fail math.

The way Jeno was so desperate to stay on the team was very interesting to Jisung. Why was it so important to him? Jisung could only compare it to his own desire to be on the dance team, which might not have been the greatest thing to do.

Relating his feelings to Jeno's made Jisung feel a prick of empathy for the basketball player. His heart broke a little bit when he thought of the look in Lee Jeno's pleading eyes. He just wants to play basketball.

Nope, stop that right now.

He was putting himself in a pair of undesired shoes, something he did not want to do with someone like Lee Jeno. Next thing he knows, he could actually become friends with the insufferable basketball captain, which was a nightmare just to think about.

Yet Jisung couldn't stop himself from feeling bad for Jeno. He was an a**, yes, but he was also a person with his own feelings and desires. He wasn't all bad.

"Okay team, that's the last run for today."

So much for staying focused...

"We're working on some new assignments soon, so be ready for those." Ten disconnected his phone from the aux of the large speaker in the corner as the dancers huffed toward their bags for water and sweat towels.

"Get home safely!" Taeyong chimed with a sweet smile, before starting a conversation with Ten.

Jisung couldn't even be bothered by the possible evidence at work. He was battling the twinge of guilt he was feeling as he scooped up his duffle bag and shuffled out of the room. He felt bad about being mean to Lee Jeno right off the bat like he did.

He didn't particularly enjoy being mean to people. Jisung actually hated it, but how else was he supposed to deal with Lee Jeno?

With a little bit more kindness, he heard his mother's voice in his head speaking the wisdom she always did.

Stepping into the gym, his eyes landed on the boy he'd been thinking about. The basketball captain was rushing across the court, thrill and joy on his face when he scored a basket and celebrated with his friends. All he wanted was to play.

Now Jisung really felt bad.

Taeyong's voice and approaching footsteps thankfully pulled him out of it. Mostly.

"Hey, Jisung!"

He turned toward his coach that was now stepping in front of him, curiously raising his eyebrows.

"Are you okay? You looked bothered during practice today." As always, Taeyong was caring beyond all reason. His big doe eyes and soft smile made it so easy to be honest with him. He'd never judge a soul.

"Oh," Jisung said, "yeah, I'm fine. Just distracted, sorry. I'll be more focused next time."

Taeyong shook his head. "No, don't apologize! I just want to make sure you're okay... and you're sure you're fine?"

"Absolutely." Jisung smiled at his coach, which must've been very groundbreaking to the man.

Taeyong lit up, seeing Jisung smile for the first time. He didn't point it out, but he would definitely be telling Ten about it later.

Satisfied with the answer, he started to back away with a wave. "Alright then, see you tomorrow!"

"Yeah," Jisung nodded.

With that Taeyong spun on his heel to exit the gym, and unfortunately collided with someone before he could even fully face the door.

Jisung watched his coach go tumbling to the floor with a yelp as this new person nearly landed on top of him.

The boy immediately recognized who it was.

Jaehyun was walking full speed away from the drinking fountain when Taeyong smacked right into him. If he hadn't caught himself, he would've knocked heads with Taeyong.

"Woah," Jaehyun blinked a few times as he looked down at the dance coach, disoriented by the collision. "You okay?"

Taeyong, who had been grimacing from how hard his head hit the glossy wood floor, was now gasping and trying to crawl away from under the basketball coach. "I'm so sorry, Coach Jung, I wasn't looking where I was going and-"

"Calm down, it's okay," Jaehyun laughed as he pulled himself off of Taeyong and kneeled beside him as he offered a hand.

Taeyong took the hand and let Jaehyun help pull him up into a sitting position. There was a flush that crept up onto his face when his face was leveled with the basketball coach's, which Jaehyun would have been literally stupid to have not noticed.

Jaehyun smiled at the dance coach, which means he most likely did notice. It was quite hard to miss from that close up, especially since Taeyong's blush got brighter when Jaehyun's dimples popped out.

Jisung felt stupidly awkward watching all of this from such a short distance, but he was so intrigued by the way Taeyong was acting, he almost didn't care.

"You hit your head pretty hard, Lee. I'll get you an ice pack." Jaehyun arose from his kneeling position, and pulled Taeyong up with him.

"I-I, uhm... Okay," Taeyong gave into the offer, speaking so softly that Jisung barely heard it.

The basketball coach led the flustered dance coach past little Jisung and toward the office on the far wall, labeled 'Jung' on the door.

Jaemin was now jogging up to Jisung from his spot on the bleachers with his mouth agape.

"Please tell me you witnessed what I just did."

Jisung was still looking with a surprised expression at Taeyong and Jaehyun's retreat.

"Had front row seats, there's no way I was gonna miss it."

This was a new development. An exciting one.

Taeyong panicked in front of the 'cute' basketball coach.

Interesting.