17

Any normal kid would have taken a week off of school for mental and physical recovery.

Park Jisung was a different breed.

He should've been scared of the girls that laid their hands on him, but he chose to be more afraid of his grades dropping. So sure enough, he showed up to school that next day, much to the dismay of his parents and friends.

Jeno came in at his usual time, having thought Jisung wouldn't be there that day. He tripped on his own foot when he saw the boy sitting in his seat as if nothing was wrong. He'd forgotten about asking if Jisung was okay. Clearly he wasn't okay, based on how the previous night had gone.

The jock quickly took his seat and confronted Jisung in a hushed voice. "Why aren't you at home?"

The boy turned to him, a little surprised by the sudden interrogation.

Jeno's heart fell when he saw the bandaid that was still on Jisung's cheek. There was a little bit of red peeking out from under it.

"I don't know," Jisung's voice snapped Jeno out of his trance. "I'd rather be here. It's not like I can't walk."

"Jaemin was literally your crutch 'cause walking hurt you so much." Jeno argued. He almost seemed... upset?

"I said I could still walk, I didn't say it didn't hurt," Jisung made a face as he defended.

Jeno was definitely upset. "You should've stayed home."

"Well I'm here now, and I'm not going back."

"Can you even dance?"

"I'll do what I can until it's too painful, then I'll sit down."

"It's not healthy to push yourself like that. Let your body heal, Jisung."

Jisung rolled his eyes and looked down at his papers, trying to listen to the lesson. "It's just a bruise, no fractures. And I'll have all of tomorrow and Sunday to rest, so chill out."

Jeno stared very pointedly until a few seconds passed and he let out a frustrated huff. He turned to his own papers and shook his head, muttering under his breath. "Aish, Park Jisung."

Lunch rolled around and Jeno seemed to let go of it. So Jisung stood up, avoiding looking at Jeno, and stood as straight as possible while walking to the cafeteria. It definitely hurt, but he wasn't going to let anyone know that.

He got in line, and picked up a lunch tray. Not a second later, a hand swiftly took the tray from his grip, and he froze.

Then, the frame of Lee Jeno stood next to Jisung with a stern expression.

"Hey what-?"

"Tell me what you want." Jeno set the tray on the salad bar.

"What?" Jisung repeated.

"Tell me what you want and I'll get it for you."

"Jeno, I can get my own food," he protested.

"You can barely walk without looking like you want to throw up, so if you don't tell me what you want I'll just choose for you."

Jisung stalled. There were eyes on him. He wanted to decline again. This would put him in a world of hurt, no doubt.

Jeno looked at him expectantly. How stubborn.

They were keeping up the line.

"Fine." Jisung huffed. "Carrots."

Satisfied with the answer, Jeno nodded and played a few baby carrots onto the tray. This continued up until Jisung punched in his number and went to grab the tray from Jeno.