3-She's trouble

Song: Miss Jackson by Panic!At the Disco

Gray POV:

Graham didn't quite believe it when he'd received the phone call—didn't quite know if she would stand him up again or not.

The number was random, so he ignored it at first like a normal person. And then it kept ringing and ringing and ringing until he had no choice but to answer it.

"What?" He'd snapped, thinking it was just a bunch of kids prank calling him.

"Is this Graham speaking? The electrician who works at Sydney Opera house?"

"Uh, yeah? Graham Scott. And you would be....?"

"You don't recognize me?" The voice on the other side seemed to tease.

"Can't say I do, mate. Unfortunately, I have something called a job so lets make it quick, yeah?"

"I'll give you a hint. I've slipped behind the stage of a show you've lit."

"You'll have to be more specific than that. Tons of fans try to pull a stunt like that. And it's always us electricians who do the security's job."

"You sure you don't remember me? The red sneakeroo?" There was a smile in her voice, like she knew something he didn't.

"I don't think—-wait.....Carmen?"

"The one and only."

"Well there's probably at least one other Carmen in the world."

"True. But none quite like me." She laughed, the sound making Graham smile without thinking.

He cleared his throat. "Ahem. Anyway, what did you call about, again?"

"Just wanted to see if we could meet up. To discuss a....business venture."

"Business venture." He echoed with a tinge of disappointment. "Yeah, cool. A time and a place?"

"At the cafe you told me about. Before your shift."

"8 AM then."

"Alright. It's 7:40. I'll see you there."

"W-Walt a second. Where are you?"

"In the area. Thought we could meet up." Carmen said before ending the call. He let his arm drop to his side and stared at the number, his mouth open with shock. Luckily, his shift didn't start until 9:00 and his bus didn't leave till 8:30 which gave him just enough time to talk to Carmen before catching it.

Shoving his hands into his pockets, he strolled over to his favorite cafe and took a seat in the exact same spot he always sat in, waiting.

He waved over a waitress, smiling at her as she neared. Her skin was a warm brown, her lips full and smiling shyly. Spirally black curls fell into her face as she neared.