𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥?

chapter 12, you coming angel?

After the Cameron boy had taken care of the girl he drove her home as she slept off the days pain. She dreamt of the ocean and the waves crashing on the shore as she surfed through the night of sleep.

The next day all of the Kooks were forced to participate in a clean the beach. Reese wasn't a huge fan of doing these things but she knew it would fulfill her parents extreme expectations. As she arrived she was greeted by Topper and Sarah who were distracted in conversation.

"Well, he showed his true colors, Sarah." Topper said as Reese joined the conversation.

"He was so rude!" Sarah said clearly still thinking about what John had said. "Reese was there too." Sarah said roping the girl into the conversation.

"I know! It's what I've been trying to tell you." Topper said clearly happy that his girlfriend saw the Pogues 'true colors'. "I mean, he's lucky your dad didn't press charges." Topper said and that left Reese's body cold. John B couldn't be put in jail, it would kill JJ. JJ, she thought. For the first time that day the girl remembered, the blonde. The way he laughed, the way he searched the girls body for answers, and the way he had almost kissed her. All the sudden she was pulled back to reality shaking off the feeling and scratching out the painting that was playing through her mind.

"Then he yells at us like it's our fault!" Sarah said passionately. Topper let out a chuckle that felt laced with venom and disgust.

"That's...It's..." he stuttered finding his words "He's a Pogue, at the end of the day." Topper said which hit a nerve in Reese body, before she could comment he continued "I mean, you can say we're all just people, or... or whatever, but it's a totally different mindset on the cut."

"So let me get this straight if you're a Pogue you're immediately branded as a thief or a psychopath." Reese spat back as the couple stared back at the girls blindly.

"Yo. You look thirsty!" Kelce said interrupting the awkward silence that had filled their conversation. Kelce walked over handing Topper some sort of alcohol filled water bottle.

"Okay, what do we... what do we got here?" Topper asked taking it from him.

"Have some of that, baby." Kelce edged on.

The boys continued to laugh talking about how strong the alcohol was. But Reese's mind was stuck somewhere else. If Pogues were branded for life as these low life bottom of the food chain people, then what were Kooks branded as? Privileged, entitled, stuck-up assholes.

She didn't want to be seen that way and she definitely didn't want JJ to see her that way. 'Fuck' she thought to herself why did she care about what he thought about her so much it's not like he meant anything to her.

"Since when did you start drinking?" Sarah said to Wheezie pulling Reese out of her thoughts.

"Since today!" Wheezie said. Sarah turned to Reese handing her the bottle of alcohol as Reese took a few sips, Reese was never a hard alcohol type of girl she liked beer and drinks that she could drink 10 of and only be tipsy. Once the group had finished cleaning up Reese knew she was supposed to be at the Island Club to pick up something for her mother so she left the group early.

As she arrived at the club she noticed the same dirty brown van that seemed to follow her everywhere. But where the van was meant there was a certain blonde boy lingering around. She walked into the Club a few people greeting the prestigious girl. She looked around subconsciously searching for JJ as she walked to the back grabbing what her mom had ordered.

As she was walking back she heard faint voices in the media room that was ahead on her left. And once she got closer she recognized the voices, the Pogues. As she was about to push away her curiosity and continue walking the door opened revealing Kiara with Pope chasing after her as John followed the two. Straggling behind was the Maybank boy who walked out slowly, Reese watched him scan the building around him and she couldn't help but wonder what was he doing. And that's when his eyes met hers.

"Angel?" JJ asked bringing Reese out of her stare and walking towards the boy.

"Loverboy." she said quietly. She suddenly checked her attitude noticing that she was more nervous around the boy, maybe it was the slight twinge of alcohol coursing through her veins or the almost kiss the two had shared.

"You following me?" he asked walking along side the girl.

"I-" she stuttered. Maybe she was subconsciously following the boy, she thought to herself. "No, you're the one of my side of the island." she said gaining her confidence back.

"Right." he said rolling his eyes "Well, Kook Queen apologizes for trespassing on your land." he said bowing towards the girl. Her eyes followed the boy laughing at his actions.

"Another day of Pogue adventure?" the girl asked her eyes following the rest of his friends who were now walking out the door.

"Always." JJ said watching the girl. He studied the girl carefully, the way her hair fell right at her collarbones, her sundress flowed right above her knees and he noticed the sand that was glued to her cheek. He leaned towards her pressing his hand to her cheek wiping the sand off gently as Reese's body jolted at his skin touching hers. She smiled softly as the boy took his hand away running a hand through his hair awkwardly.

"JJ what the fuck? Come on!" John B said interrupting the two.

"Uh yeah sorry." JJ said looking towards John who had a bright smile on his face as an idea popped into his head.

"Hey Kook Queen are you busy?" he asked.

"Uhh" she said quietly. "No." she said trailing off nervously.

"Good, we need your help." John said.

"Thought you didn't want my charity." Reese spat towards the boy recalling his words from yesterday.

"It's not charity cause I'm asking you to come." John said now turning to JJ, "And I'm sure a certain person wouldn't be opposed to you tagging along." John B said teasing JJ.

"So you coming Angel?" JJ asked ignoring Johns comment a smirk playing across him lips.

"Why not." the girl said as the boy placed a lazy arm around her shoulder walking out with her as Kiara's eyes met hers shaking her head but not questioning why she was there.

__________________



YES IM HERE
been really struggling
with writing but i did it!

OKAY! I LOVE YOU ALL

(1139)