16

Back to school... Not for Yo. (3 days after ch. 15)

"Yo, wake up baby. You have class in two hours," Forth said.

Yo whined, "I can't move still. My throat hurts too,"

Forth sat beside the smaller and rubbed his back.

"And who's fault it that?" Forth asked.

"Yours," Yo sassed.

Forth just rolled his eyes.

"Want me to asked Ming to pick up your work?" Forth asked. Yo nodded.

"Alright baby... Go back to sleep. I'll bring you breakfast when I get back. Ok?" Forth said. Yo nodded and kissed Forth's cheek before falling asleep again.

- during lunch -

Yo was in the shower when Forth, Ming, and Beam came into the apartment.

"Yo! I'm back," Forth said as he set the food in the kitchen - Ming and Beam sat in the living room.

"Still asleep?" Ming asked when Yo didn't answer.

"I'll check," Forth said and went to their room.

Yo had just gotten out of the shower and was getting dressed when Forth walked in.

"When'd you get back?" Yo asked.

"Just now. Ming and Beam are here too," Forth said and helped Yo get dressed.

"I'm hungry," Yo whined as him and Forth walked to the kitchen.

"You haven't eaten since yesterday baby," Forth said and handed Yo his box of food. Sushi again. It's Yo's favourite.

"How'd things go over break?" Ming asked they ate.

"Alright I guess. We're engaged," Forth said.

Ming nearly choked on his water.

"What?" He was surprised.

"Congrats guys," Beam smiled and was happy for them.

"How'd your families take it?" Ming asked.

"Not well, Dads are ok... They just don't like Forth." Yo said.

"Mom hates me but there's nothing new there," Forth said.

The four talked for a bit before Beam and Ming had to go back to their classes - Forth was done for the day so he got to stay home with Yo now.

"Do you think they'll ever come around?" Yo asked as he and Forth were laying on the couch - Forth reading over his home work and Yo just staring at the ceiling.

"I don't know baby. I hope they do but I wouldn't get our hopes up about it," Forth said and Yo nodded understanding.

"I hope they do. I mean my Dads went through the same thing - my grandparents hated them together, they ran away, adopted me and didn't speak to their parents until I was six. And now they absolutely love each other... I hope we don't have to 'run away' but may be my parents will accept us before things go that far..." Yo was just talking to himself but Forth was listening.

"Were they homophobic?" Forth asked.

"Not at all. They're both lesbians. They just didn't like my Dad (Mx. P), they thought he was bad influence on Dad (Mr. P) because he used to be rude and a bit of a bully when he was in high school. He caused a few fights in college and then convinced my Dad to run away with him... They adopted me when I was six months old from one of their friends. They were 18 and 19. Literally had no idea what they were doing - until they started going back to college, got jobs and eventually became famous scientists..." Yo kept rambling.

"Yo. That sounds like us. You're Dad was a bad influence - I'm a bad influence on you. We basically ran away, I mean you moved out and in with me at 18 and didn't even tell your Dads..." Forth said and was playing with Yo's hair.

"I- yeah... You're right..." Yo never really thought about that. "Do you think that's why they kept me so sheltered? So I wouldn't end up like they did?" Yo asked.

"Well if that was their intent. It backfired," Forth said and Yo laughed.

"It did... I kind of just want to sit down with them and ask them why they don't like us together... If it's just because they're scared, or if they're worried about me... They can't just flat out hate you like we think they do. They don't have a reason to hate you. They barley know you," Yo said.

"That might be a good idea... I kind of want to do that with my Mom... She means well, she's probably just mad that I lied to her all these years - she always assumed I was dating a girl I guess I don't know." Forth said.

"We have good ideas when we're not being all cute and shit," Yo laughed.

"But being cute is our thing," Forth said and Yo punched his arm.

"Am I wrong baby?" Forth asked.

"No..." Yo mumbled.

Forth smiled and hugged Yo tightly.

"I love you." Forth said as him and Yo just laid there not really talking much anymore.

Forth doesn't throw that word out a lot. It may seem like he does, but it's actually quite rare for Forth to say it. In the six years they've been together, Forth has said it maybe a hundred times... In SIX YEARS he's only said it a few times. But Yo doesn't mind. It always means more to him that Forth doesn't say it all the time. He only says it when it's important or when it makes sense to. If that makes sense.

"I love you too. Always." Yo said and held Forth's hand tightly.

They both laid there and just cuddled for the rest of the day - only really talking when they really needed to.

"When do you want the wedding?" Yo asked as he played with Forth's ring. Yo bought him an engagement ring as well.

"I was thinking after you graduate. Money's not an issue. But at least this way you won't be extra stressed with school and planning," Forth said.

"That sounds good to me... What about kids? Have you ever thought of that?" Yo was just curious. It was something they'd never talked about.

"Eh... I'm not to fond of kids honestly. But if you want them then that's fine with me," Forth said.

"I really only want one... A puppy sounds better though honestly," Yo said.

"Pets I love. When we move into a house, lets get a few dogs," Forth said.

Yo nodded.

"Lets start with dogs - maybe later on move on to kids," Yo said.

"That sounds perfect baby," Forth smiled and kissed his forehead.