~ Plans Change ~ 𝟙

Have you ever woke up in an estranged place alone? Confused and scared? 

Well, I did. 10 years ago. 

Woke up with a red sticker of my name 'Aria' printed on it and in the same clothes that I had fell asleep in. 

Didn't realise that I'd been shipped off to an orphanage until the kind boy who had snuck food in for me, explained everything about this place. 

"The place where abandoned people meet" he called it. 

I was 5. 

5 years old when I had to learn my place, become independent and most of all, have that confidence that wouldn't allow me to end up in the 'losers club'. 

You ask, 'what's the losers club?' Well, lets just say that some of which have to live in the hospital because of all the abuse they endure from the higher social hierachy. 

Ahh yes, the higher social hierachy. Of course every orphanage has one of them! 

It's a heavily flawed system that gives power and status to those on top and sadly for the ones feeding off the bottom, well they're just dolls to be fiddled with and teased. I myself was lucky enough to have the most amazing boy, Ryan, help me get to a mediocre place in the hierachy. A place that screams 'not to be picked on' but also 'nothing special'. 

I love being there, I really do. However Ryan gained himself a spot on the high high part of the hierachy. He sits there along with a few others out of the hundreds that stay here. Although Ryan isn't one of those bullies, he still does nothing about it which annoys me. 

Besides the small groups of friends scattered around this place, nobody talks about themselves. Everyone's so...closed off in that aspect. I mean, Ryan and I tell eachother everything...and I mean everything! After all, we really only have eachother in here...and a few other friends we share too. 

Before I ended up in this middle-of-nowhere-place however, I thought that I was born into a loving and happy family that spoiled me a little too much. I grew up with 5 super cool older brothers that were my absolute bestfriends. But I lost all those feelings once they sent me here without explanation. 

It was in 24 hours. In that time my parents told me that I'm scheduled to leave for 'a place' in a few hours. That I wouldn't be going with anyone, and that I wouldn't see my brothers or parents for a long while. 

Then I was gone. 

Carried out by my father while crying and kicking as I looked at my brothers and mother just standing there inside staring right back at me. Standing still. 

I've never felt so hurt, so betrayed, so empty than in that 24 hours. 

From that day forward, I never heard a word from any of them and each day I slowly started to miss them less and less, forget more and more. 

When I was 6, maybe 7. I wasn't even phased when Ryan would bring them up. I lost every bit of love for them. 

Plus I didn't need them anymore, I had Ryan, I have Ryan. He will be by my side forever, I mean hey, he's doing better than my old brothers. He hasn't left me in the last 10 years so that's a good sign. 

Even though he is popular and known for his good looks and devlish charm and all the girls here try their best to get his attention, I know that I'm his number 1 girl before anybody else haha. 

And no, we aren't dating or boyfriend/girlfriend. We are just very close and kinda only need eachother...well that's what he insists on. 

We have plans for when he turns 18 next year and I can't wait. It's something we've been planning for literally 10 years now. Legally he can adopt me so we can stay together even after he's grown out of the system because I'll still be having 2 years. Then after I would have turned 18, I would file to be un-adopted by him and we can continue our life together as individuals and be independent. 

 "Hey Ari, lunch's out. Meatballs and pasta today", I quickly looked up at her petite face. I didn't appreciate being snapped out of my thoughts usually but if it's for food then okay. 

I smile at her, acknowledging what she said. Sometimes it's hard to smile now and truly be happy. So many muscles to use, and what for? It's not like I'm really expressing my joy while I'm stuck in this hell hole. Well half hell hole, I'd rather be out of here and in the real world but on the other hand, I love some of the people here, my second family. 

But it's at these times where you need to use that little effort to showcase your smiling skills. So the young ones feel that there is some good things that come out of being abandoned. 

Here enters little Maddie, she's 9 years old and has 9 more years of this shit to go through. I took a liking to her when I heard her small cries from behind the curtain...Reminded me of me. And how could I not help me?

"Thank you Mads, save me a spot please" 

"Come on you big slug, get up!" he chuckles as he gently pushes past Maddie in the doorway, extending his arms to embrace my small frame. 

I pull a dramatic hurtful expression as I hear Maddies laugh. "Big slug, wow, now I know what you think of me" I begin to weep, brushing my hand to wipe my fake tears.

"Hey, you laze around all day and are so slow, plus slugs can be cute so it's perfect" he whispers, heaving me up into his arms like a bear hug and slowly turning back around to carry me out for lunch along with Maddie giggling behind us. 

"Ry, you know I was just about to use these two legs to get there myself" I scoff as I rest my head on his shoulder overlooking Maddie. 

We all grabbed our portions and sat at the nowhere near looking Harry Potter dining hall. And since Ryan's all popular, we always end up sitting with the other higher people of the social hierachy. 

"Yo Ryan, wanna play footy after this?" One screamed from the other side while stuffing his face with meatballs. 

Ryan nodded laughing and we went back to our small conversation. 

"Harry baby, come here!" "Hey Harry, I got a free spot here!" "Harry, you look so hot today, come be with me babe!" Several popular girls fawned and screamed from the opposite side of the table. 

I lay my head low, knowing exactly who the boy is that's grabbing the whole orphanage's attention, especially these catty girls'. 

Ryan did too, I could tell as his whole body started to stiffen and his face turned sour like always. I just pretended to be super invested in this horrid pasta and meatballs dish as I felt his strong presence come closer and closer to the table and the girls across from me gush even more. 

"Well hey there" his low voice seductively whispers in my ear. I shake my head but once again feel his warm hand rest on my shoulder as he places his lunch beside mine and harshly pushes Ryan further away to make himself a spot.