~ You First, Me Second ~ 𝟜

I wake up to the bright sun seeping through the satin pastel coloured curtains. I scan the room, realising that I'd been tucked in to bed and my jewellery was laying on the nightstand beside me. As I look around at my old room, the feelings came like a wave crashing down. I felt that sense of overwhelming nostalgia and that feeling of my heart aching to be home once again. 

I didn't want these feelings, I tried years to completely ignore and surpress them into nothing and now it's been completely undone, all my efforts gone to waste.

I see my old pink fluffy bunny plush toy sitting above my wardrobe, I could feel the fur in my hands without even touching it. They put that there on purpose. I know they did. They know how much that toy meant to me and guess what, they didn't even have the curtesy to let me leave with it. 

Ugh. This is too much. I don't even understand why I'm here, why now? Where's my parents? What did I do to deserve the fate I received? What about Ryan? Oh god, I miss him so much and I didn't even say goodbye. 

Phone. Yes, where's my phone? I need to text him and tell him I'm okay. 

I slide out of my silky bed sheets and search my cupboards and draws for my phone but to no luck. All of them held old drawings that I had drawn and no phone in sight, just my earrings on the night table. 

Fuck. My brothers took it. 

Slowly I creep my way out of my room and tippy toe downstairs so I won't alarm them. 

The stairs were so unlike the orpahange's, these didn't make a sound. 

"Where are you off to little lady?" A low voice startles me.

"Jeez Xavier, I'm going downstairs to get my phone which you guys stole" I hiss and continue to make my way downstairs. Him following behind me.

"No, why would you do that Eli?" 

"Luke, it's my decision. Leave it" 

I pause behind the last corner until I'd face my brothers, I feel Xaviers presence close behind. 

"Why is it just your decision? Not like you always make the smartest choices". 

The tension in the room was intense, two of my brothers who I could tell were Lukas and Elijah were arguing about something. Small growls erupted from them as their voices started to raise. 

"I'm the eldest, therefore it is always my decison and don't fucking bring up my bad choices again Lukas. I'm warning you." Eli said in a very authoritatarian tone, I could tell that he was trying to remain calm but whatever they were talking about was making it hard. 

Luke scoffed, I felt really awkward just hiding behind the wall but I'm more surprised as to why Xavier is just standing here nonchalantly with me. 

"You go out first or I will" he whispers in my ear with a smirk. Well nevermind, looks like Xavier is going to out that I've been eavesdropping after all.

"Ugh seriously? They are obviously in the middle of something" I look at him like he's stupid as I point towards my other brothers, "see".

He just laughs and places his hand on my cheek, "oh please, this is normal, get used to it". 

"LUKE" Eli bellows, making Xavier stop in his path. Even Xavier turned around hesitantly.

Eli's authority clearly intimidated the boys to some extreme, they must be pretty disciplined if they're willing to leave it.