~ New Normal~ 𝟞

See this is what I didn't miss; the annoying ways my brothers acted. Eli's getting on my nerves with all his authority speeches and after that conversation in his office, I don't even want to face him again. 

I sluggishly made it back to my room, I needed a break. This was all so overwhelming. It's been a long time since I've been back here, I almost feel like a guest. 

The little lamp on my pale pink bedside table didn't flicker like St Sable's, the sheets were soft and warm too. Soon, sleep found me. 

"She's not your daughter Eli, she's your sister, you need to start treating her better, better than our parents at least." 

I heard shouts coming from downstairs as I awoke, fluttering my eyelids up and down, noticing the once bright fluorescent lights were dim above. 

Someone must've came in? 

"I don't know what to do with her Lukas! I hardly know her now, I'm trying to figure it out. She's stubborn and hard to deal with!" 

The yelling got louder as I heard the voice of Eli. 

I lay there looking up at the ceiling hearing what my brothers think of me and it takes me back to the feeling of being unwanted by my parents. I pull myself out of bed, I know I have to face this situation hands on and I'm not gonna sit here and wallow in my pity and despair. 

"Well don't fucking alienate her, she's not some mafia member who needs to learn their place!" I overhear Lukas spit back. 

I'm starting to understand where everyone sits in the family and who each of my brothers have become. 

Lukas and Eli definitely are head to head the most, anyone can sense their tension. 

"Listen, Eli, it's only been a couple days, just try to be easier okay? When she gets up, can you tell her about school because she's starting in a couple days. I've spoken with the principal and she has been through the run down." Liam adds in an attempt to cool the heated argument.

I slowly make my way downstairs, making sure they are aware of my presence.

I loudly creep out behind the white wall.  "So school?" A small smirk appeared as I look at them all.

Their faces are plastered with a shocked expression, Eli's held a hint of guilt, probably afraid I heard too much. 

Immediately he walked away with his head down, slamming the door behind him. 

"Sorry about him, I hope we didn't wake you." Jakob softly says behind the kitchen counter. 

I shake my head, "it's the middle of the day, I'm surprised I slept for as long as I did". 

"Okay well Aria, I'm going to go see Eli and perhaps you should after. He has some things to tell you." Liam smiles and heads the way Eli did. 

I stood there for a couple moments, why did I come down?

Xavier lazily sits on the couch watching tv as Jakob and Lukas were in the midst of making a sandwich. 

Lukas looks up and gives me a smile, signalling for me to come over. 

I go sit down in front of them as they make their sandwiches. "So Eli said you made a best friend?" 

I grinned, "Yeah his name's Ryan, been there since day 1." 

They chuckled to my surprise which made Xavier pretty intrigued, "what's funny?" 

"Little Miss here made a friend at Sable's and since he's been there from day 1 he knows all our secrets" Jakob snakily replies. 

I furrow my eyebrows, slightly annoyed at how out of context that was. "Um no actually he was the only person there for me and we just told each other everything". 

The twins kept laughing for no reason as Xavier's face contorted, "WAIT, like everything everything??" 

I slumped in my chair as the twins cheekily answer for me by nodding. 

"No wonder he was in such a mood today." Xavier chuckles. 

"Aria, he's ready for you" Liam shortly says and walks off. 

Jeez it's like booking an appointment with this man. 

I slowly walked through the corridor until I made it to his office. Once I stepped in, I felt a wave of  luxury and wealth pour over me. His office has such decadence.

"Welcome Aria. Firstly, I want to talk about your future. It's compulsory that you go to the school of my choice which is West Lincoln Academy. However, you may choose extracurriculars you'd like to do to personalise your time. You will be starting on the coming Monday along with Xavier, Lukas and Jakob." He sternly tells me while keeping an expressionless business persona. 

"Okay, that sounds fine." I assure him. 

"But you know I'm not some business associate, you can talk to me normally." 

He lets out a chuckle to my surprise. "You're far from any business associate I've encountered. But I'll make an effort". 

I send him a small smile. 

"Now, there's something else." He returned to his stern self. 

"Ryan will be coming here to join the Mafia and before you say anything, it's that or you know what..."

Authors Note:

So sorry it's been a while! Thanks for all the love on this story, it was a nice surprise when logging back in! Went up 13k reads hahahaha!! 

I'm going to try publishing more chapters soon but for now here's the next :) 

Thank you so much and please vote/comment and add to reading list

Raya

Also lemme know if there's any mistakes😊