Chapter Four - Sleepy Time

Outside they saw a disposable cell phone laying on the ground, and needless to say they were frustrated, pissed, and exhausted.

JJ slung her arm around Reid's shoulders (which she could barely reach) and announced "I'm going home and since Reid can't go home I'm taking him with me."

Morgan laughed and leaned against the wall of the FBI building.

"JJ's right. Let's go home. I don't think this guy is going to try anything again tonight," Hotch said in his booming boss-man voice.

"I'll go tell Garcia. You guys sleep well." Morgan said, yawning wildly and walking back inside the FBI building.

***

JJ and Reid sleepily walked inside of JJ's cozy cottage-house. It was roomy yet cozy, with small bookcases scattered around the house and muted creams and beiges coating the walls and furniture.

She went to the cozy living room and said "C'mon Spence help me pull the couch out,"

Her voice was tired as she beckoned Reid to come help, which he did. The pulled the fluffy cushions off the couch and pulled a lever thing together, and the couch unfolded into a quite a nice bed. JJ walked into a closet space and pulled out a comforter and two pillows and tossed them at Reid.

"Sleep well Spence," JJ said softly, waving tiredly at Reid before going into her bedroom and closing the door.

"You too... JJ," Reid said quietly, knowing she didn't hear him.

***

While nothing where Reid and JJ were staying was out of order, the same could not be said for poor Garcia.

When she walked into her apartment she immediately knew something was off. She smelled... Apple. And Garcia hated apples. She didn't keep them in her house, and she had no apple smelling products.

She slowly walked further into her apartment, pepper spray at the ready. Turns out, no one was inside. But that damn Apple smell was still there.

After all the lights were turned on she went to her diffuser to get it smelling good again, only to see that it was already on. And it was the diffuser emitting the horrible apple smell. Next to it was a note, 'To be, or not to be?'

***

Hotch tiredly rubbed his eyes and sat down on Garcia's lounge chair as the rest of the team (Save Morgan, Reid, and JJ as they never answered their phones, the team guessed that they were passed out asleep) huddled next to Garcia.

"It's got to be the cult guy. He made the kids drink poisoned apple juice, and when he we were interrogating him he recited that play thing," Rossi said, half asleep.

"This has been the longest day," Prentiss replied with a heavy sigh, turning towards Hotch.

"Emily can Garcia stay with you tonight?" Hotch asked.

"Yeah-of course. Can we go now?" Prentiss said half-jokingly half-seriously.

"Yeah. Yeah let's head to our houses. It's been too long without sleep for this shit."