Chapter Five - Rushed Morning

"Speeeence," A soft sing-songy voice purred to a very sleepy Reid.

He opened his eyes as the morning light spilled into JJ's house, casting a dreamlike glow on the interior.

JJ smiled as Reid sat up and rubbed his eyes like that of a young child. His brown hair now a very curly mess sitting like a feathered cap on top of his head.

JJ was dressed, but her hair was definitely not done. It was tucked into a very messy bun with little frizzy bits sticking out which-way.

"C'mon, Morgan took the liberty of grabbing you some clothes from your apartment," She said, throwing a stack of folded clothes at Reid.

"That was nice of him. When'd he drop these off?" Reid asked.

"A few minutes ago," JJ responding, going back into her room. "There's a bathroom just ahead of you, you can change in there,"

***

"Wait someone broke into my baby girl's place last night?" Morgan exclaimed.

"Yeah, and you three never answered your phones, tsk tsk tsk." Prentiss said jokingly.

"To be fair my phone got messed up by the bomb, soooo," Reid's voice trailed off as he pointed his fingers at JJ and Morgan.

"The UNSUB made it smell like apples and left this note," Rossi said, handing a small evidence bag to Reid.

"To be or not to be," Reid read aloud.

"At least now we know for sure that this has to do with Jonathan." Hotch said.

The entire team, save Garcia who was in her office researching Jonathan, were together at the bullpen, sharing desk space and sipping on coffee.

Then the sound of loud clacking heels filled the room as Garcia rushed to them.

"GUYS! Jonathan's last words were 'Let the villains who brought me here go up in flames, back where it all started.'" She said loudly.

"Damn. I guess we're the villains," JJ said with a hefty sigh.

"Maybe the bomb at my apartment was a clue too—'up in flames,'. It might be a precursor for a even larger bomb that's meant to kill." Reid offered, his brows raised.

"I still don't understand why all the clues. If the UNSUB wanted to set a bomb off to kill us why give us all these clues so we can prepare for it?" Prentiss asked aloud, leaning her head on her hand.

"He likes the chase. He likes watching us be scared. I bet he was watching Reid with the bomb thing, and Garcia with the apple shit. He gets off on scaring people." Rossi answered.

"My question is where will the bomb be set off? 'Where it all started,' is a little vague." Morgan said, joining in on the thought pow-wow.

"Wound he set a bomb off here? Since we started working on the case here?" Hotch asked.

Reid snapped his fingers loudly, a thought popping into his head, "Yes—yes it would be here. Remember? We got introduced to this case by a rouge member of the cult who didn't agree with the teachings and violence, right? That member worked here. And Jonathan and the cult members didn't blame the rouge member, just us for 'manipulating her mind,' So this is where it all started."

Then Hotch's phone rang once again. Hotch answered the phone and put it on speakerphone.

"Don't bother tracing this call. I'm inside of the building. I have a bomb. I knew you would figure it out eventually BAU. And I do apologize for bugging your clothes Dr Reid, but I had to listen in somehow." The voice said, causing Reid's head to snap up and look down at his clothes.

He took off his jacket, and looked into the front pocket, and sure enough, a little metal device was inside.

Morgan raised his brows in surprise.

Rossi took it from Reid's open palm and broke it with the heel of his shoes.

"Well that wasn't very nice. Breaking my bug. Anyways, I'm coming to see you. You won't have enough time to evacuate yourselves out of the building but by all means you can let the other people in the building leave,"

The UNSUB hung up.

"Well fuck."