Chapter 2

Violet smiled as she gently rubbed Clementine's ever growing stomach in the bath, the brunette humming a tune as she closed her eyes and leaned her head back onto Violet's shoulder.

The two women sat in a comfortable silence, the only sounds being the water gently swishing around them and the light buzz of their old bathroom light.

"I could sit here forever," Clem spoke up eventually, unable to wipe the smile off her face.

Violet sighed, "me too. But Louis and Sophie will be here soon, we should start thinking about getting ready."

"Could we stay here for a little longer? Please?" Clem asked innocently, turning her head to give Violet puppy dog eyes.

"Okay, okay. Five more minutes," the blonde replied happily.

-

The couple finally stepped out of the bath and got dressed in some comfy clothes that were neatly folded on their bed.

Violet grunted as she pulled up her pants. "I can't believe Louis and Sophie tried to take us with them on their cruise, they know I hate open water."

Clementine looked at her phone and frowned. "Where are they anyway?" She questioned rhetorically, eager to see her best friends after several weeks.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang repeatedly for almost 15 seconds, something Louis loved to do for reasons unknown.

Violet rolled her eyes and headed over to open the door, folding her arms over her chest as her best friend beamed at her.

"Hey Violet! You look happy," Louis joked, walking inside with Sophie following close behind. Violet shut the door just as Clementine walked out and engulfed Sophie in a hug, having to lean over her protruding belly awkwardly.

"Hey Clem, how are you doing?" The redhead asked.

"I'm good, can't wait to have this baby and get it over with," Clem replied, she sat down with the couple while Violet made drinks for them all.

Sophie and Louis shared a look, the redhead inhaled deeply and held it for a moment, her eyes shifting to the pregnant woman on the other side of the sofa.

Violet passed the drinks around and sat with Clem as Sophie began to speak, "actually, we have something to tell you guys," she began, looking at Louis once more before she held out her hand, on her ring finger was a beautiful silver ring, 3 small diamonds on it seemed to sparkle in the light. "Louis and I got engaged!"

Clementine smiled widely and looked at the ring in awe. "That's amazing, you guys, congratulations! Isn't that great, Vi?" She blurted excitedly, turning to face her wife.

"Yeah, congrats you two," Violet agreed.

Sophie told them that Louis had proposed while they were on the cruise, the sun was setting and they had just had a full day of activities and were enjoying a quiet meal when Louis popped the question.

Violet remembered when she proposed to Clementine and the mess that it was, it was nothing compared to what Louis did for Sophie.

~~~

Violet nervously paced around her room, clutching the engagement ring she bought a week after her and Clementine started dating.

She was supposed to meet Clem in 20 minutes but couldn't figure out what she was going to say.

'Fuck it.' She thought. 'I'll just say whatever comes to mind, the right words will just come to me, right?'

Checking her phone for the 17th time in the last 10 minutes, she decided to leave. She zipped the ring in the pocket of her jacket and climbed into her car.