Chapter 6

*Over a month later*

Violet woke up to the sound of Diana crying. Again. She turned around in her bed to see Clementine fast asleep, she was snoring softly, something that she'd picked up during pregnancy.

Clem had been so exhausted lately, Diana took up most of her time and Violet had to work all day so she had to deal with her alone and it was taking a toll on her.

Violet sighed, gently kissing her wife on the head before she got up and walked over to her daughter's crib.

"Hey, Di. It's me, mum." She cooed as she carefully picked up the crying child. "Shh, shh, shh. You don't want to wake up mummy, do you?" She shushed with a smile as she rocked Diana in her arms, humming 'Don't Be Afraid'. Diana's crying slowly subsided and she looked up at her mother curiously.

The blonde couldn't help but smile, holding her baby on her chest as she slowly swayed side to side. Diana's eyes began to close as Violet hummed. She let out a cute little yawn that made Violet's heart melt, but also made her yawn, she chuckled, rubbing Di's back as the song finished.

Violet slowly put Diana back in her crib and headed back to her bed. She laid down with a sigh and closed her tired eyes.

"You're so good with her." Came a groggy voice from beside her.

Violet opened her eyes to see Clementine looking back with a smile. "I thought you were asleep." She whispered.

"I was. But I'm not now." The brunette replied. Violet reached out to wrap her arm around her wife, pulling her close. Clem snuggled into Violet's chest. "What do you want to do for the weekend?" She asked.

Violet played with Clem's hair, half asleep. "I just want to relax with my family. Maybe go to the park and push Di on the swings."

"Sounds like a plan." Clem yawned, the sound of Violet's calm heartbeat lulling her to sleep. "Goodnight, Vi." She breathed out, but Violet was already asleep.

-

"I need coffeeee!" Clem complained, dragging out the word 'coffee' dramatically.

Violet chuckled and took the brunette's hat off her head and put it on her own. "Make coffee then. I'm busy."

Violet rifled through a drawer of Diana's tiny clothes, finally picking out a small pink dress. She grimaced at the clothing in her hands, but she knew Clem would like it.

The blonde quickly dressed her daughter and scooped her up into her arms. "Oh, look at how cute you are!" She fussed, giving Diana a kiss on the cheek. Violet brought Diana into the kitchen where Clem was making coffee for them both. "Hi, mummy, I'm ready to go to the park now!" She said in a baby voice.

Clem turned, a wide smile tugged at her lips. "Violet, she looks adorable." She beamed, wiggling Diana's foot as she rubbed her nose against Di's.

Diana put her hands in her mother's hair, grabbing at it happily. The couple laughed and Clem held onto the small brunette's hands.

"We can leave after coffee." Clem explained to the baby who looked back at her with a blank expression.

-

The park was quiet, only a few children ran around laughing and the parents were chatting happily on a bench.

Violet and Clementine took Diana to the swings, Clementine sat on one, holding Diana securely and gently swinging her.

"Clem? Vi?" Someone said behind them, Violet turned to see their old friend, Duck.

"Oh, hey Duck! Long time no see!" The blonde replied, going up to hug Duck.

Duck's son, a small brown headed child, ran up from behind Duck, he had curious green eyes and bounced around the swings happily.

"David, no! Don't run so close to the swings!" Came a female voice. Mariana ran up and took the child into her arms.

Clem, who was still swinging with Diana, smiled as Mari and Duck shared a quick kiss. David whined and tried to push them away from each other.

"No! That's 'icky!" He complained.

Mariana smiled at the toddler and pressed her lips against his cheek, David squirmed, trying to break free of his mother's grasp.

Duck noticed the baby that watched intently from the swings, going up to her and kneeling down to her level. "Well, hello there, baby Diana. Are you having fun?" He asked cheerily. Diana squealed excitedly at him, reaching out to grab him. Unfortunately for her, her arms were too small and she couldn't quite reach him.

Clementine and Mariana conversed while David hesitantly walked over to Diana. Violet watched with a smile as he leaned closer to look at the baby properly.

David squinted at Diana, seemingly deep in thought. "Who are you?" He asked. "Daddy, who is it?"

Duck chuckled. "That's Diana. Do you want to say hello?"

"Heyo Di-an-a." David said slowly. Diana was silent, just staring at the boy. Eventually, she starting cooing at David who looked at his parents with wide eyes. "What did it say?"

"She said hello." Mari replied. David clapped his hands happily and giggled.

Violet ended up pushing David on the swings until he soon got bored and started to cry. Mari quickly took him out and he ran off again speedily.

Mari sighed. "Duck, could you follow him? He's going to fall and hurt himself again." Duck did as he was told and Mari turned to Clem and Violet. "That kid never stops, he's impossible." She chuckled. "I should go after them, it was nice to see you two. And you little Diana."

"We were gonna take Di home anyway. It was nice to see you too, Mari." Clem said.

After Mariana left, Violet took Diana from Clementine and held her with a smile. "Was that fun?" She asked in a baby voice. Diana, not understanding the question, looked at her blankly. "Let's get you home, shall we?" The couple left the park and drove back home, Diana started to cry as soon as she was strapped into her baby seat and Violet struggled to calm her down. However, she was finally successful, Diana slowly fell asleep, her tiny hand clutching Violet's index finger.

~

1042 words

Have a good day/night