Chapter 4

*Two months later*

Clementine heard the front door unlock and, with much difficulty, stood up from her seat on her favourite armchair and waddled over to Violet. "You're home!" She announced gleefully, putting her hands to the back of Violet's head so she could pull her in for a kiss before the blonde could even take her shoes off. "How. Was. Work?" She asked in between kisses.

Violet chuckled, breaking free from her wife so she could take off her shoes and sit on the sofa. "Work was fine. Well, mostly fine." She replied.

Clementine raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean 'mostly fine'?" She questioned, sitting down next to Violet.

"Louis showed up."

Clem suppressed a laugh as she rested her hand on Violet's leg. "What did he do?"

"He jumped up on a table to protest against me staying at work with you so close to the baby's due date. My boss was not impressed, she eventually kicked him out." Violet explained.

Clem laughed involuntarily, trying, but failing, to stop herself when she saw Violet's glare. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm guessing he was drunk."

Violet nodded and buried her head in Clem's shoulder. "Everybody who saw gave me weird looks."

Clem put her arm around Violet, still smiling as she rubbed her arm comfortingly.

"If it makes you feel better, I know what I want for dinner today." Clem informed the blonde who lifted her head and smiled.

"You do?"

"Yep. I want chicken and vegetable pie with mash."

Violet grinned, wrapping her arms around the brunette. "Oh, thank God, you picked a normal meal. I don't think I can handle boiled eggs with horseradish again."

"You know, you could just make your own food."

Violet scoffed. "Me? You think I can just make my own food?"

Clem rolled her eyes. "It's not that hard. I know, why don't you help me cook today?"

"No thanks!" Violet replied hastily, getting up to leave but being pulled back by Clementine. "But I don't know how to cook." She complained.

"You can peel the potatoes, I'll show you how."

Violet sighed, she gave the brunette a nod who then grabbed her hand and led her into the kitchen.

-

"I can't believe you've never peeled potatoes before." Clementine giggled as she happily ate some chocolates from a bowl she rested on her stomach.

"I've never needed to peel potatoes." Violet shrugged. She dropped the potato yet again and threw her hands up in defeat. "I can't do it! These potatoes hate me."

Clementine laughed and leaned over to kiss her wife. "They're potatoes, Violet."

Violet huffed and picked the potato up again and attempted to peel the rest of the skin off of it, she regretted agreeing to help make dinner.

For the first time in months, Clementine had chosen a normal meal for dinner, Violet was sick of eating whatever the pregnant woman craved. She would have made her own dinner but since her parents were always so busy when she was younger, she was never taught how to cook. Before she moved in with Clementine, she lived off of takeaways and McDonald's chicken nuggets.

Clementine watched in amusement as Violet very slowly peeled the potato she was holding, she only peeled a small bit at a time and potato was flying everywhere, it covered the blonde's hands, her clothes, and even the sofa.

"I'm going to be the one who teaches our child how to cook." Clem said, rubbing her stomach with a smile as she felt the baby kick her hand.

"You can teach both of us." Violet smiled innocently.

Clem rolled her eyes. "Vi, you're 26, I shouldn't have to teach you."

"Well, it's not my fault nobody was around to teach me." Violet grumbled, turning her full attention to the food in front of her.

Clementine sighed, putting aside the bowl of chocolate so she could scoot closer to Violet. She softly placed her hands on the blonde's and carefully showed her how to peel the potatoes. They worked on two small ones together before Clem let Violet do a bigger one on her own.

In less than five minutes, Violet had peeled the potato almost perfectly, only a small amount of skin was left on the potato. "I did it!" She cheered like a small child.

"Good job, Vi." Clem beamed at her wife.

Violet managed to peel the rest of the potatoes on her own while Clementine watched.

Once the blonde was done, she looked into the bag with an ear to ear grin. "I'm a master at peeling potatoes." She stated proudly. Clem merely laughed and kissed Violet on the cheek. "You missed." Violet said, pointing to her lips. Clem shook her head with a smile, giving her a peck on the lips before standing up to take the bag.

"I'll go wash these and put them on." Clem explained as she made her way to the kitchen.

Violet sat back on the sofa, her hand ached but she was happy about her achievement. She sneakily stole some of her wife's chocolates while the brunette hummed to herself in the kitchen, Violet looked back every few seconds in case she came back.

The blonde heard Clem shriek and, thinking she'd been caught in the act, quickly hid the chocolate behind her back as she turned around, but Clementine was not there.

"Clem? Is everything okay?" Violet asked as she walked towards the kitchen.

Clementine was stood in the kitchen, a panicked look on her face, her pants soaking wet. "My water broke." She answered shakily.

~

929 words

Please tell me if you spot a mistake :)

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed.

Have a great day/night!