A Noob's Guide to Being Aromantic- Part 2!

Thought I was done with this book, but I guess not! It seems I wasn't clear enough in the first part, so I've some to sort out some of the apparent confused I've caused!

The following is an actual conversation I had with someone about my sexuality, so I'll do my best to answer their questions here for everyone:

#1: What does Aromantic mean?

It means that I'm not romantically attracted to anyone, or, in some others' cases, rarely ever.

#2: So, wouldn't you be Asexual?

No. Asexual means that you don't experience sexual attraction to anyone. Same principle, completely different concept.

#3: So... does that mean that you really like sex?

Um, no. I'm not Asexual, although most people who are Aromantic are also Asexual. I'm just connect best with people platonicly, so those are the sort of relationships I have, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for me to be sexually attracted to someone.

#4: Then what's the point in you being Aromantic?

This question was very confusing to me. I didn't really know how to answer it- what's the point in any sexuality? In my opinion, there isn't one. There being a point in something implies that it was a decision, and it wasn't. If I had a choice, I wouldn't have chosen this. It kind of sucks. A lot. You don't "choose" to be straight because you thought, 'I want to date the opposite sex:).' It very much does not work like that.

That was about where the conversation in relevance to my sexuality ended, so I guess you can comment anymore questions you have below and I'll do my best to answer them!

🎉 You've finished reading ♡︎𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕚𝕘 𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝔸𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕔♡︎ 🎉