four. boneyard

"There's a party at the boneyard tonight," Mer told Rafe as soon as she was able to sneak away from the Pogues to go with Rafe to Barry's

"There's a party at the boneyard tonight," Mer told Rafe as soon as she was able to sneak away from the Pogues to go with Rafe to Barry's. "When we get done there, give me half and I'll sell some to the tourons."

"Why don't you just come with me to Top's?" Rafe asked as he pulled his truck away from the abandoned house they always meet at to pick one another up. Mer sighed and rolled her eyes before turning to Rafe.

"JJ and Kie are getting suspicious about why I'm always leaving. Like tonight, I'm skipping the first part of the kegger. They're already mad I'm not helping set up at the boneyard. Just to go get coke with you. So, I am going to this party with my friends, instead of with..." Mer trailed off not knowing what to call what the two of them had. They never specified what was going on between them.

"Instead of your boyfriend?" Rafe asked with a smirk, trying to get a reaction out of her.

"We are not together," Mer turned her whole body in her seat and pointed her finger into his face to make sure he understood her.

"Yeah, we are. We hang out and fuck. I think that's how a relationship works," Rafe retorted as he pushed Mer's finger out of his face.

"Relationships aren't just fucking, dumbass. The people in those things actually have feelings for each other. They don't just fuck. They definitely don't sell drugs together," Mer scoffed. Rafe looked between the road and Mer's face several times before speaking up.

"I have feelings for you."

"Yeah right," Mer laughed.

"I'm serious. Let me take you on a date," Rafe insisted as he ran a hand through his hair with keeping a hand on the wheel. Mer looked at him and started laughing hysterically.

"I never knew you were funny."

"No, I'm serious. I wanna take you on a real date. You get all dressed up, I drop you off at your doorstep, give you a goodnight kiss. The real shit," Rafe put his hand on the console in between them. Mer looked at him with wide eyes and a slight smile.

"No."

"Oh come on," Rafe whined. Mer smiled wider and shook her head 'no'. Rafe grabbed Mer's hand and intertwined his fingers with hers. "This is gonna be a date. Going to my dealer. Our first official date. I'm calling it that."

Mer stared at him speechless as he pulled his truck up to Barry's trailer. She opened the door to his truck and hopped out. Rafe rounded his truck to grab Mer's hand, wanting to keep her close from all the men littered around the trailer. Mer kept close to him as they walked onto the porch.

"Country club!" Barry lazily called as he got up from his chair. Rafe lightly pushed Mer behind him as Barry got closer.

"Hey, man," Rafe let go of Mer's hand to give Barry a handshake. Barry clapped his hand on Rafe's shoulder as he looked at Mer.