Chapter 20

Siara

I parked the car in the driveway and got out.

I didn't know what to do at Ethan's place. I had no place to say anything between them. I wanted to call him and check up on him but I didn't know how the situation was over there. I decided I would ask Connor later.

I pushed open the door to the living room. Sophie, Mare, and Logan were sitting there. And there was someone else. A short-haired brunette with a splash of freckles on her nose. She grinned at me, getting up from the couch and pouncing on me. We fell to the floor in a heap of laughing bodies. I sat up with Katrina on my torso.

"Katrina! Holy fuck! You didn't tell me!"

"Yea, then it wouldn't be a surprise, would it? Also, I don't think fuck is holy." She grinned. I pushed her off me and stood up.

"Looks like our little tiger and wolf have met," Lucas said, entering the room.

Katrina Ivanov looked very much like her uncle. They both had the same hooked noses with smile lines around their eyes and mouth.

I sat down with Katrina beside me, her arm around me. Something poked me from Katrina's side. I raised my eyebrow questionably. She chuckled, pulling out a knife from behind her jacket.

"Where did you get that? It's so goddamn sexy!"

She smirked. "I know right?" She said in her Russian accent. "Got it right from the pockets of this man I took down last week. Died in one blow."

Katrina was a street fighter and an assassin in Russia. I'd assisted her on a few assignments when I went there. It was super fun.

"Thanks for the gift." I pocketed it. She slapped my arm but didn't take it back.

"I'll let you kids talk. Just let me know if you need any food," Lucas said, walking out.

"Send some vodka if you have it, dyadya," Katrina called.

"You get enough of that in Russia! I'm sending lemon juice."

"Da! That was exactly what I was asking for."

I propped my legs on the coffee table and sipped on some water. Katrina brought out a bottle of vodka. It was as if she produced it out of thin air. She offered me some but she refused.

"What brings you here, Kat?" I asked.

"I needed to know all the gossip about you. Who is this Ethan?" She took a big gulp of the drink.

"How do you know about Ethan?" I frowned.

"Ears, Siara. I have ears just like everyone else." she grinned. "I'm here for some work. Can't tell you now cause it's all hush-hush. But, da, once I'm done with it, I'll tell you all about it."

I nodded. I was happy that she was here. But my mind was elsewhere. Was he alright?

***

Sophie and I headed over to my room. I took a quick shower and changed into a tank top and pants. I told Sophie about what happened last night while she did my hair.

"That's nice," she turned the chair around to face me. I sipped on my iced coffee. "While you were having the time of your life with Ethan, I had a little fun too."

"What did you do?"

"I kissed Laura."

I spat the coffee out onto the floor and looked up at her with wide eyes. "You kissed WHO?!"

"Yeah." She looked nervous. "I-I like her, Si. I have feelings for her. I've had them for a long time."

"What about clown-head?"