Chapter 4 - Serenade

Dipper's POV

"W-what?" I was completely shocked and left me all curioused. I mean how on Earth am I going to do that?

How am I supposed to get Robbie out of the way? What does that mean? Like make their relationship fall apart?

What-

"Hey bro still there?" Mabel waved her hands in front of my eyes to make me snap out of all that thinking.

"Oh uhmm yeah so how am I supposed to get Robbie out of the way, Mabel?"

"Dunno but make a move on Wendy uhmm.. You have to do something romantic."

"Serenade her I guess." Mabel finished her thoughts which made me go in panic.

"Serenade? I can't even sing! I don't even know what I'm gonna sing for h-"

"Well you've got a big brain. Compose a song for her." Mabel said and she chuckled.

"You're kinda right." She is right though. I am smart. I am going to give this a shot.

"Well, I'll leave you here now. I don't wanna bother." Mabel said and she's right. She is a bother and I'm going to be serious in writing this romantic song.

_______________________________

"What to write.." I said to myself while biting the tip of my pen. That is usually what I do when I'm thinking for ideas.

I am here in my room for hours and finally I finished the song.

I just hope this works out.

_______________________________

The Next Day

"Hey Dipper, how's the song going?" Mabel asked still rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"Yeah." I said and she screamed.

"I'm going to go to Wendy's house."

_______________________________

At Wendy's House

Wendy's POV

I was about to go to Robbie's house until I heard someone singing. He was a good singer, not perfect but good. I looked out the window and I saw Dipper.

I listened to him singing.

Lately I found myself thinking

Been dreaming about you a lot

And up in my head I'm your boyfriend

But that's one thing you already got.

He is with you every morning

While I walk alone in the rain

And kill me without any warning

If he took a look in my brain

Would he say he's in L-O-V-E

Well if it was me then I would

Would he hold you when you're feeling low

Well if you should know that I would.

Wow. That is absolutely amazing. He isn't the best singer but the lyrics he's singing was amazing. I mean he would do that for me? Wow. And I guess he doesn't like Robbie. If you didn't know.

"Wendy w-will you go on a.." He said stuttering.

"Mystery hunt with me?" I was confused. I thought he would say a date with me. He is different and unique.

"Yes but you know, stop being nervous around me. I don't bite." I said to him chuckling.

He laughed awkwardly and I admit, that was cute.

"I'll pick you up around 3:30."

"Okay. See you later!" I said to him.

He left and I walked to Robbie's house with a smile on my face until I spotted him kissing my best friend.

He was kissing Tambry.