Chapter 15 - Ironic but Adorable

Dipper's POV

I put my hands on my mouth as she got down on her knees for me. It's crazy and ironic but I absolutely love it.

"Look Dipper. I'm sorry on what happened earlier. Really sorry and I feel terrible that I made a pathetic excuse to technically cheat on you." She said, still kneeling.

She reached out her hand and I gladly held hers.

"But what makes me more terrible is that when you said you need a break. I know that you need it and I can't blame you, it's just that I need you." She said and I smirked at her cheezy but adorable speech.

"You're a weird guy with a sweating problem but I don't mind. I don't know what's happening to me, it's just that, you changed my thoughts on love." She continued and I shaked my head in amusement. I can't believe she didn't memorized any of that. It was all from her heart.

Then she raised her free hand so I could see it. She opened her palm and I saw a necklace.

Not just any necklace but it's a special necklace with a heart that has D+W engraved on it. I absolutely love it!

"I got one for matching necklaces for the two of us."

"You didn't have to do all of this just for my forgiveness. I already said that I forgive you. No need to put an effort to it. A simple sorry is nice enough." I said.

"But I insist. So, the reason I am here kneeling is because I want to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Will you be mine again?" I am definitely shocked on what she asked. Ironic that she asked that and not me. I'm suppose to be doing that. A boy always asks when you're on a relationship but why does she insist? Well, I know one thing and it's that I'm a lucky guy to have her.

"Of course silly! I said a break not break-up. There's a huge difference."

"Oh. Then I just embarrassed myself. I think I got overreacted." She scratched the back of her neck and laughed awkwardly which I still find adorable. She finally stood up then we sat on the bench beside each other.

"Yes you did overreact but it's adorable though."

"And no you didn't embarrass yourself! I really find your cheezy speech cute. But I think I'm suppose to be doing the kneeling thing, not you. It's ironic. It's ironic but adorable."

"I'm the one who mess things up so I guess I might have well do it. I love you and I don't want a break. I just want you." She said and I blushed flush red.

Did she just say love?

I cleared my throat and changed the topic. As I love to return those sweet three words, I just can't yet. I like like her but I still don't know love yet.

"So, too bad we didn't went on a date today. I was really looking forward to it all day. I even woke up my sister when I blurted things about our date so early in the morning!" I said and she giggled. I love it when she giggle. So cute!

"You know, we can still go out tomorrow if you want." She said.

"Heck yeah!" I blurted then calmed myself.

"I mean sure whatever." I said, more calm. Or maybe too calm. Why did I have to add 'whatever' in the sentence? Silly me.

She smiled and she roll her eyes.

"Same place. Same time. Tomorrow." I say one at a time to make it more clear. She just nodded.

"Bring the crystal with you." She ordered.

"Oh yeah forgot about that. Ok sure." But I didn't forgot about it. It's a remembrance on the day we're official. How could I forget? I just said I forgot because things will get even cheezier if I brought that up.

"Listen Dipper I got to go home. It's already 6 and my dad's going to flip."

"Okay bye." I waved goodbye as she was running away from the park to her house. She's quite a fast runner.

"Don't forget. Date tomorrow!" She shouted as she and I are already in a long distance. I barely heard her but I got the message.

"Ok!" I replied back.

I just hope the date will be a success and not like the other fail planned dates.