Chapter 6: The Confession

>>>Timeskip to Early afternoon outside Alpheus's garden

Third Person POV:

During the winter season, the Alpheus's garden was covered in a thick blanket of fresh, white snow. Bare, leafless trees stood tall and resilient on the ground. A gust of wind passed by and blew on the branches. No flowers were to be seen in sight, but there were many snow-covered bushes in the garden. The snow covered the bare branches and made the trees look white. In the middle of the winter garden, was a crooked concrete trail partially covered in snow, where Ijekiel and Jennette sauntered alongside each other.

Athanasia's POV:

Poof!

Lucas and I were hiding behind the snow-covered bushes and trying to eavesdrop on Jennette and Ijekiel's conversation.

I crossed my fingers and hoped that today was going to be the fateful day when Ijekiel will reply back to Jennette's "confession."

Even though this is only the third day since Lucas and I implemented our match-making plan, it sure does feel like an eternity.

Ijekiel's POV:

"Jennette, " I murmured.

I slowly turned my head around towards Jennette and stared directly into her emerald green eyes.

"Yes, Ijekiel?"

"I was thinking about what you told me yesterday."

I need to confirm her feelings for me today no matter what!

Jennette's POV:

Eh? He wants to ask me about yesterday? Did I say something yesterday that bothered him so much? I can't recall saying anything offensive to him. I wanted to ask him first about the cheek kiss, but I guess this is fine too, if he takes the initiative first.

Ijekiel's POV:

"What did I tell you, Ijekiel?" she asked me with a confused expression.

I wonder why she looks so confused when she was the one who abruptly confessed to me yesterday.

"Do you not remember?"

"No"

"....."

"Did my ears hear incorrectly when you confessed that "you loved me" yesterday at La Vie en Rose patisserie shop yesterday?" I inquired.

Instead of replying, she just looked at me with a blank expression.

Jennette's POV:

Huh? I thought he was going to inquire about the kiss he gave me on the cheek yesterday. Since when did I even say I love him yesterday? The first and last time I declared my love for him was when we were both watching Athy and the magician at the library together and he flat out rejected me in such a cold manner.

"I am sorry, Ijekiel, but I don't know what you are talking about, " I denied flatly without an ounce of hesitation.

Ijekiel's POV:

Did Jennette not take what she did seriously to me yesterday? I guess our matters are settled now, but why do I feel so disappointed?

Sighs

"I see. That's all I wanted to hear. Now that I am aware of your feelings, I can just place this issue behind my back and not bring it up ever again."

Taking another exasperated sigh, I glanced at Jennette one last time with a wistful expression before turning my back on her to walk back to the manor.