Chapter 5: Blooming Love

>>>>Time skip to late evening inside Jennette's room

Third Person POV:

Meanwhile, Jennette was sitting upright on her bed and leaning over a window sill , while resting her chin against the palms of her hands. She gazed at the starry night sky and full moon. For the past few hours, she has been reflecting upon the series of events that have happened, especially this afternoon. As a means to distract herself due to her inability to fall asleep, she casually plucked the petals of a daisy from a potted plant in her room by her bed stand.

Jennette's POV:

He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me not, he loves....

Ahhh! I think I am going crazy over what Ijekiel said this morning. I can't sleep tonight. What should I do? Should I ask him directly tomorrow? What if he decides to take back his words and denies what he did yesterday? I don't know how I should face him tomorrow.

I lied down on my bed and buried my face against my pillow out of sheer embarrassment, as I reminisce on Ijekiel's confession

'You are so cute, Jennette. I couldn't help it, but to kiss you'

Suddenly, I raised my hands to touch my cheeks and felt it warming up.

Oh no! Not again! They are burning up again! I can't stop replaying what he said. I think I really have to ask him tomorrow what he meant, or else I won't be able to move on.

Third Person POV:

At the same time, Ijekiel is looking at the same starry night sky that Jennette was gazing at. He is resting both of his arms against the balcony and staying up late because he also has trouble falling asleep.

Ijekiel's POV:

Sighs

I can't fall asleep tonight at all. Jennette's words keep replaying in my head over and over again. Is there a stop button, so I can just prevent these memories from rewinding?

I closed my eyes and dug up my memories of today's events.

'Hey Ijekiel, did you know you are such an idiot? I have always loved you and will only have eyes for you forever. You are mine and mine only, I won't give you to anyone else, not even the princess! Also, she doesn't even have eyes for you, so how about you move on and start a new love with me? I will take really good care of you.'

Thinking back to what Jennette has confessed to me today, I snapped myself back to reality and felt my cheeks burning intensely.

To be honest, I was surprised that Jennette can act so boldly like that. I didn't hate it either when she suddenly acted that way towards me. I recalled the sensation of her warm breath when she whispered into my ear. As she drew back and moved towards my face, I couldn't help, but be memorized by her small, delicate rosy pink lips. I tried so hard to resist the temptation to kiss her. Until yesterday, I never knew that she could stand up for her own feelings like her and declare myself as "hers". As long as I have remembered, we grew up together as children and I used to spoil and attend to every single one of her needs, so I always felt like her babysitter. Perhaps, that's why I never saw her as a woman because she was always a child that I had to protect in my eyes.

My thoughts suddenly got cut off when I realized that I was subconsciously thinking about her again for the nth time.

Not again! Why did my brain just have to recollect these memories? Why did I think that way of Jennette? Did I just see someone who I always thought of as my little sister as a woman as a romantic interest? I feel so dirty thinking that way towards Jennette, who is like a little sister to me.