3

Shikhar rushed into the library as he had a meeting to attend in another half an hour.

He finished the book and wanted to return it to the girl who wanted it.

"Hi! Is that girl here?" He asked.

"Oh hi, young man! She isn't here today but I guess you should check your cabin." The librarian smiled at him.

"My cabin? Why?" Shikhar was confused.

"I think the girl left you a message!"

"A message?"

"Maybe a reply to yours!"

"But I didn't ask for a reply!"

"About that, I am not so sure, young man."

"Okay then, I will check it." Saying this, Shikhar walked into his cabin after unlocking it.

He walked towards his desk and carefully examined the interior of his cabin to identify any changes but he found none at all.

He couldn't find any note or message from the said girl. Dejected, he decided on leaving the room and returning the book.

As he was about to walk out of the room, he saw a white folded paper on the floor not farther away from the door.

He bend down to pick it up and opened it to reveal a pink sticky note carefully stuck on just like how he had done.

He read it whole sitting on his chair with the note plucked out from the paper in his hands.

'Hi, Mr. Apple! I never found someone interested in this book. I had to plead the Mr. Denise to ask for this book from the suppliers as it didn't seem to be out in the stores.

This book was downgraded and the author had stopped selling it. No one I knew had it with them but the summary I read and its title simply grabbed me by my neck.

After waiting for about two months, i was very excited to finally be able to read the book. Unfortunately, you happened to take it before me and Mr. Denise didn't notice it.

I was heartbroken at first as I had high hopes of delving into it but I am glad that you were kind enough to put forward such a good deal.

-Ms. Cherry'

Reading this letter, a smile crept up his face. He wondered who the girl was. He walked out to the librarian.

"Hi, Mr. Denise. Where is the girl's cabin?" He was pretty sure that the said girl had a cabin.

"Whose?" The librarian peered at him.

"The girl who wanted this book." Shikhar asked.

The librarian then led him to her cabin. Shikhar wrote a letter and let it in through the gap followed by the book.

💛