My Bully Loves Me (wip)

My name is Riva, I'm 17 in my senior year of high school and I just moved here with my dad. My parents finally got over their nasty divorce and my dad won custody over me and my kid brother. We had just moved to Eastbrooke so today was our first day of school. Great, being the new student 2 months into the year. That's totally not going to give me hell.

I drop off my brother, Jacob, at the elementary school before heading across the street to the high school. The moment I step inside the school, I immediately sense trouble. I look around cautiously when my eyes land on another senior standing over a freshman. When I see the senior kick the freshman, my instincts kick into high gear and I step between the two. I had blocked a would be punch by grabbing the seniors arm.

"The hell are you doing?" He growls at me.

"To be completely honest, I have no idea." I reply with a snicker. He forcefully pulls his arm back, glaring daggers at me. I watch as the freshman slowly walks away before feeling myself being shoved to the ground.

"Not so tough now, are you?" He says with a laugh.

"I've been better," I say, leaning back against my hands. The bell rings and everyone starts running in different directions. Except for the senior and me. He looks down at me with a stone cold glare.

"You got lucky this time." He says before turning to head to his class. I stand up and start heading to mine.

A couple hours later, it's lunch time. I grab a slice of pizza and try sitting with a group of people. They say that the seat's taken so I go to sit somewhere else. Same thing. I try with a few different groups with the same results so I decide to sit at an empty table in the back of the cafeteria. A few minutes later, the freshman I helped this morning sits across from me.

"Heya kiddo, how ya doing?" I ask her.

"I'm doing great, thank you for standing up for me this morning." She answers with a shy smile. "Since you intervened, Elias hasn't bothered me."

"Elias?"

"Oh, he's the senior that was giving me trouble this morning. My name is Jutta (yoo-ta) by the way."

"I'm Riva," I say with a smile. "What was he even bugging ya about?"

"My older sister keeps coming on to him so he thought that if he were mean to me, my sister would lose interest in him." Jutta says. As if on que, I can hear Elias screaming at someone to get off him. I look out into the hall to see a girl, probably a junior, hugging him and trying to kiss his face.

"I think I may have a solution to both your problems." I say with a mischievous smirk. I get up and jog over to them. "Babe!" I call out to him. Both Elias and the junior look at me as I throw my arms around his neck like a girl who hasn't seen her boyfriend in a month. "Is this girl giving you trouble?" I say, glaring at the girl who was staring at us, dumbfounded.

"I- uhm- yes?" It was clear he was confused but he plays along anyway. I'm kinda surprised he didn't even try to push me away.

"Go away and stop harassing my boyfriend." I say to the girl.

"What? Prove it!" She practically screams.

"Excuse me?" I ask.

"If you're really his girlfriend, you won't mind kissing him." She states.

"Fine," little does she know how far I'll go to defend someone. I move my arms from his neck and grab his face gently. I look into his eyes which show a look of alarm. I stand on my toes so we're at an equal height before pressing my lips against his. I pull back and see his face had become several different shades of pink instantaneously.

"Since when did you have a girlfriend?!" The girl sputters furiously.

"I- uhm-" Elias stutters as his face grows from pink to red. Jeez, it's like he doesn't know to lie.

"2 years, 4 months, and 7 days." I pipe up. The girl stares at me holding his hand before angrily stomping off. As soon as she's gone, Elias pulls his hand away.

"The hell is wrong with you?! You can't just walk up to someone and kiss them!" He practically yells.

"Calm down, it was just a kiss, it didn't mean anything. Besides, you seemed to enjoy it." I respond. Probably not the best time to flirt but hey, it's fun, and like I said, I don't mean anything by it. Elias just kinda screams something incoherent before leaving. After he walks off, I head over to Jutta and sit down again.

"You- you just- you just kissed Elias!" She stutters in pure shock.

"So? It was just a kiss, it didn't mean anything."

"Sure seemed to mean something to him." She says with a suggestive look on her face.

"Oh please, he was just in shock." I say, brushing off what she was hinting at.

"Sure, whatever you say." She says sarcastically.

Word count: 882