cheering them up

HONGJOONG:
you're cleaning off the table from your dinner when you hear the door open. a visibly exhausted hongjoong treads in, slipping off his shoes. "oh, joong! i just put the food away, it's probably still wa-" he cuts you off with a small "no thanks." you walk over to him, and he embraces you in a hug right away.

"being a leader is so hard," he mumbles. you rub his back. "joongie, the boys love you so much, you're a great leader." he chuckles, pulling away to give you a kiss. "can we just go cuddle now?" you nod, and he grabs your hand and leads you to the couch.

SEONGHWA:
you get home from the shops to see seonghwa curled up on the couch, watching a film. "you're awake!" no response. you sigh as you take the groceries to the kitchen, putting them away. "sooo... what do you want to do for dinner tonight?" all you hear is a mumbled "mmm" from the couch. finally, you get curious and go sit with him.

"hwa, are you okay?" he sighs and turns to you, burying his face in your chest. "i'm... emotionally exhausted. i can't." he sobs into your chest. you rub his back and let him cry it out. "can we just cuddle now?" you nod as you recline, and he keeps his head on your chest.

YUNHO:
you walk over to yunho on the couch, handing him his dinner. he sadly looks at his phone, texting the guys while they practice. "it's just an ankle sprain, really, why can't i just go? i'll be fine!" you roll your eyes as he protests his treatment once again. "yunho, you'll aggravate it more. just rest for a couple of weeks and you'll be back!"

he pouts, and you poke his cheek. "what are you doing." you giggle as you poke him again, and eventually he smiles and tackles you, pressing kisses all over your face and neck as he pins you to the couch. "yunho... your ankle-" he smirks. "f*ck my ankle."

YEOSANG:
you're standing at the sink, doing the dishes from your cake, when you feel a pair of arms wrap around your waist. soon, there's a face in the crook of your neck as well. "i'm sad," yeosang whispers, squeezing you a little tighter. you shut off the tap and turn around, squeezing him equally tight. "is there anything i can do to help, babe?"

he chuckles humorlessly. "can you just... hold me? no, wait, that sounds cheesy, i'm sor-" he starts to pull away, but you cut him off with a deep kiss. "of course i can." you pull him back in and he rests his chin on your head, swaying you back and forth.

SAN:
you've noticed that lately, san hasn't been his usual self. he's been moody and, even though he hides it well when you ask, you still can tell something's up. after texting with his bandmates a bit, you learn the reason why. he's been getting in his own head about his vocals. why can't he see how talented he is?? you decide to surprise him with a special night, just for him.

"okay, open in 3, 2, 1!" he opens his eyes and gasps to see the living room filled with fairy lights, a fort built on the floor complete with blankets and plushes. you hand him the remote as you get the snacks from the kitchen. for the first time in weeks, you finally see him smile.

MINGI:
as you walk down the hall to the laundry room, you hear noises coming from the bathroom. it sounded like... sobs? you lightly knock on the door. "mingi?" no response. you knock a little louder and the sobbing abruptly stops. "oh! h-hey jagi, um, i was just- i'm fine!" you hear his voice quiver a bit, and it breaks your heart. you open the door.

mingi is sitting on the floor, and his knees and sleeves are tear-stained. you sink down to the floor and he immediately lays his head on your shoulder. " do you wanna talk about it?" he shakes his head. "can we just go get some ramen?" you nod, and a smile spreads on his lips.

WOOYOUNG:
"i still can't believe you've never seen it," you say to wooyoung as you press play on coco. he sticks his tongue out at you, making you giggle. towards the end, you hear soft whimpering, but you decide not to look. after the credits, you turn to see wooyoung full-on sobbing into his sweater sleeves. "hey, hey, it's okay, woo." he buries his face in your chest.

"w-w-why did that make me so emotional, god!" he pulls away as you wipe his tears with your sleeve. "not a big, strong man now, are you?" he laughs as he continues wiping his own tears. "shut up, jagi." you poke his stomach. "you know you love me."

JONGHO:
last week, jongho had gotten into a silly fight with his brother, but they still weren't talking to each other. he's been visibly sad ever since, barely talking. he still shows you and his friends he cares, just not very verbally. you decide to reach out to his brother yourself. after texting for a bit, his brother finally agrees to make up with jongho.

the next day, you and jongho are on the couch when his phone buzzes. he opens the notification and a smile spreads across his face. "thank you," he says, turning to you. "ah, so he told you." he nods. "i promise not to overreact ever again."

[author's note]

don't forget to vote, comment, and share this book!
i hope you all are staying safe :)

xoxo, eleanora