Chapter Seven - I'd Rather Die Than Be Famous

Tony's POV

The brightness of dawn shone through the curtains. I opened my eyes, blinking back the tears that pooled in my eyes thanks to the light on my face. When they finally adjusted I looked around, I was lying with Sammie fully clothed in her bed, cars was still on a loop on the TV and her head was resting against my chest, breathing lightly in a state of blissful sleep. 

I didn't want to wake her by moving but the overwhelming urge to pee forced me otherwise. I slowly adjusted her head so it was leaning against two pillows propped up and slid silently out of bed, tiptoeing along the corridor and into the bathroom. I did my business then went through into the kitchen to get a glass of water for Sammie and I, glancing in on Skye and Jaime who were both still asleep on the sofa, wrapped in each others arms. 

I easily located the glasses in the kitchen and filled them with water from the filter jug on the surface before carrying them through into Sammie's room, still tiptoeing in case she'd not yet woken. I pushed the door open with my foot and saw her sitting up, leaning against the headboard and rubbing her tired looking eyes. 

"Good morning beautiful, did you sleep well?" I asked, 

She grinned at me and took one of the glasses from my outstretched hand, taking a sip before replying.

"I did actually. You make an excellent pillow."

"Why thank you, I shall that to my long list of fabulous traits."

She laughed, a beautiful laugh like summer rain that warmed me to my core.  

"What do you want to do today then? Have you got plans?" She asked as I sat down next to her, putting my arm around her shoulders and pulling her closer to me.

"We have band practice at 1 then a show at a bar in town around 8ish if you want to join us?"

"I'm not working today so yeah that sounds really good." 

She smiled up at me and nuzzled her head into my arm. She looked so cute when she'd just woken up. 

We sat there together talking about anything and everything until we'd finished our water and hear movements from the living room. Jaime and Skye must have woken up. We got up and made our way down the hallway together giggling like high school crushes. I sat on the sofa next to Jaime while Sammie went into the kitchen with Skye to make breakfast.

"You ready for the show tonight?" I asked Jaime.

"Yeah! I'm pumped man! We just need to settle the final set-list with Vic later but yeah I'm stoked! Skye said she'd come to practise and then to the show too so I'm double excited! It'll be the first time she's seeing us perform properly to a crowd."

"Sweet! Sammie said she'll come too and this will be her first time ever hearing us play so yeah It's going to be good!"

I flicked through some of the TV channels but settled on the Kerrang! music channel to keep us occupied until food was served, which it turned out, wasn't that long.

The smell of pancakes filled the apartment along with the sweetness of nutella and bitterness of coffee brewing on the breakfast bar island.

The girls were stood with their coffee mugs grinning at us, obviously proud of their work.

"This smells amazing, you done good girl!" Jaime exclaimed, leaning over and kissing Skye on the nose.

She giggled and sat down opposite him as we all took our seats and dug in. They'd put chocolate chips in the pancakes and used a spiced coffee that tasted a bit like cinnamon and reminded me of Christmas. It was a fab start to the day. I may have to come here for breakfast more often.