2

LL stirred from his slumber as he felt annoying movements beside him.

His immediate thought was to get up and get a gun, but his heart remained in peace like it's telling him to ignore it and just get back to sleep. Slowly recognizing the circumstance he's in, he realized CC's scent was the reason for that unconscious assurance, and the movements that woke him was just her trying to move away from him as she unconsciously try to find cheese-kun.

Hmp. That plushie over me, huh? He almost scoffed, reaching to pull her back into his arms. After all the pleasure just a while ago, she'd turn her back on me for a toy.

Ah, but she didn't.

After grabbing cheese-kun, CC turned and snuggled back to him, placing herself and her favorite toy comfortably in the arms of her fiance.

LL then sighed in content, allowing himself to drift back into sleep with the woman he has fallen in love with.

It's a beautiful irony, he thought. CC allowed him to maximize his intellectual potential by giving him the power of the kings- equipping him with the best means to realize his fate of conquering the world and recreating it. Nonetheless, it appears CC can also drive him out of reason and make him feel things he definitely hasn't felt before. Things that can apparently shut down any intellectual calculations he can do- and for a person who gave the world its much needed peace through tactics and intellect, that was saying quite a lot.

His feelings for CC is different from the brotherly affection and care he has for Nunally; nor is it the same with the trust and friendship he shares with Suzaku. It wasn't like the attraction he has experienced with Kallen; and it is unquestionably stronger than the endearment he's had for Shirley.

It was like finding a half of his soul- the one that knows and accepts who he truly is without reservations- and being one with it. He wouldn't have been comfortable co-piloting a knightmare with anyone else, and that's primarily why he didn't even try. He wouldn't have been comfortable sharing clothes, rooms, or even the most confidential plans with anyone else- just her.

And yet, despite being so comfortable, there is a tingling sensation of happiness he gets by being with her. Regardless of his horrible past, or his wish to finally die as punishment and payment for the wish he casted unto the world, the girl beside him managed to let him restore the desire in him to live. Her rare smiles and reassuring hand squeezes, her tears and her smirks, her insults and sarcasm- she's more than enough to bury his trauma. She's more than enough to make him feel that a guy like him can still hope to love and come to a home.

She's more than enough for him to be able to leave Nunally, and come running for her even though he knew she'll just tease him for all eternity.

She was more than enough for him to pursue a life into the unknown.

Because to be able to see her smile and accompany her live a true, fulfilling life are more than enough for him to accept the burden of living for however long the C world will allow him to.

Come to think of it, this was the real reason why he couldnt allow CC to give up her code for his father back then. As much as he hated Charles and would do anything he can to prevent him from realizing his twisted plans, the only thing going on on his head back then was that it wasn't how CC should die. That CC shouldn't- couldn't die as lonely and as simple as that. No, not that way.

She should be able to smile. She should be able to feel loved. She should be able to see a future and see the world he was going to create. She should be able to replace all bad memories with good ones. She should be able to call her existence a life- and a good one at that.