First day

"Hi Rebbeca" I wave my hand as I walk into the front desk. "Usual place,Eliz ?" she ask without looking up from her paper. I slip behind the desk and snatch some papers "yeah". She turn around on her heels and say "I think you should consider on becoming a guide for the Pharaoh Tomb for this summer at least". I shrug my shoulder, grin and walk away.

I shrug off my backpack and put it on the bench in front of the gigantic anubis statue. I'll explain why they let me stay here for the whole day (except night). First, Rebbeca is my best friend since I know this museum. Second, Dr Mcphee is the friend of my dad and I also swear that I wouldn't damage anything here as I love it !

I walk up the steps to the sarcofagus and sit beside it. Usually I'll just talk to body of King Ahkmenrah, but I don't know why today I just not in the mood. So today, I just sit and lean my head to the sarcofagus and start to write whatever story idea I have in my head right now.

I'm never worried about being caught here as this museum is graveyard strandded. I look at my watch and found out its already 5.40 pm so it meants its 20 minutes until this museum close for public and approximately the same time until sunset.

Why sunset ? Its really a big thing for this museum. But I'm okay with it as I know everybody here. Suddenly, I'm snap out of my mind with a sound of footsteps. Knowing who the heck is that I decide to just answer it.

"5 more minutes, Cecil" I pause "besides I'm fine with it though". But my head snap up as the answering voice is not Cecil's "Err I'll be closing this place now, so you'll need to go ms". I walk down the steps and look up at the giant anubis. "You'll need my help new guy" I smirk.

"Eh its Larry Daley" he offer a hand to shake. I smirk again "And its Eliza" I shake his hand. He ask "You are not another night guard right ?". I yelp "What ?? No, I'm just a criminology college student who obbssesed with anythinfg related to Ancient Egypt"

Awkward silence. "Oh yeah about the help" I think for a while "if I told you, you'll think I'm crazy so its better if you see it by your self" He raise one eyebrow. I look at my watch "Prepare your self in 5....4.....3.....2.....1" and thats when we hear a loud bang downstairs. "Welcome to the night life"

~•~•~•~•~

As I look up I follow where his eyes stare at. "Oh" I said as the anubis start to point their spear "Hi guys hi remember me ? Its Eliza hi, err that guy" I point to Larry "its Larry Daley, the new night guard". They stop their steps and kneel on one knee and cross their fist on their chest. I chuckle "Ohh there's no need to do that, I'm no royalty"

"How did u--" but I cut him off "you better hurry to lock up the animalia part Mr.Daley" then I remember "And watch out for the Huns !". I walk to the gate and close it and approach the sarcofagus when it starts to shake and a muffled scream sound from inside. I stand beside it and knock on it softly.

"Hey King Ahkmenrah, I don't know should I call you King or Pharaoh as it is the same ,but hey its me Eliza. You remember ?" I wait for awhile until he stop shaking and screaming "I'm sorry but as much I want to open the lid, I'm given a strict order to leave it close" I pause "Well as much as I want to see you, I'm not sure how you'll look"

"Bye" I run off to the front desk and found rexy destroying everything. "Mr Daley ! Hey !" I hurried down the stairs and found Rexy's fav bone, I take it and shove it to Rexy "Fetch ?" He (I consider Rexy as a he) look at me like a dog, then I throw the bone as far as I can.

"Mr Daley ?" I look under the table as he is there. "Don't call me that" he sigh. "Pardon me, what's your name once again ?" I ask. "Just call me Larry" he said. I follow him until he turn around "What the hell is that ?"

I sign him to follow me and I bring him to the Pharaoh Tomb. I nod to the anubis guards (as much as I want to call them jackal guys I must show respect to them). I walk up to the sarcofagus and knock it again. "Hi Ahk, err this is Larry the new night guard"

And come the muffled answer. I sigh "Ahk, you know that eventhough I understand hieroglif, I'm never gonna understand muffled voice" he shake the sarcofagus again. I shrug my shoulders and step infront of the tablet. "This is the Tablet of Ahkmenrah" a muffled voice come from the sarcofagus, I face palmed "this thing" his muffled protest sound again.

"Gosh Ahk !" I take a breath "this The Tablet of Ahkmenrah, is the cause of all this thing". And the only answer I got is a small oh. "I'm gonna lock all the door" I nod to him. Then I say "I'll be here if you need me"

Five more minutes into sunrise, I decide to go down. Before that I knock on the sacofagus again "Hey Ahk it will be sunrise in 5 mins, I have to go and I think I won't be here tomorrow so bye". I take my bag and walk down.

I found Teddy talking to Larry. "Hi Teddy, how's your day ?" I say as I stroke his horse. He look at me and smile "ah eliza, its been a long time" I smile "All set ?" I ask Larry. He nod but its look like he is thinking.

"I think I'm not gonna be here tomorrow" he spean up suddenly. "What ?! You're quitting ?!" I ask. He look at us "This is not the job I expect for ok" he storm away to his office. Then suddenly he come back and run the other direction. I follow him to see whats the matter.

That's when I see the pile of dust on the window frame. "Oh shit" I mumble. Every exhibits that is outside once the sunrise will turn into dust. We walk back to the front door and found Teddy on his normal position. Larry walk to him and take the key from his hand. I smile, at least he gonna try one more night.

~•~•~•~•