Chapter 01 - The Breeze

He didn't even bother to open the message; his thumb quickly swipes down the setting and he chose the 'Block This Number' option without batting an eye. The messages disappear from his chat thread and Taeyong let out another sigh.

He suddenly feels more tired than he actually is.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

[unknown number] 9:47 AM
Hello

[unknown number] 9:47 AM
I'm a big fan of yours

[unknown number] 9:48 AM
I hope you have a great day, Taeyong-ssi

══════════════════

Taeyong was having a bad day.

He woke up wrongly this morning, he added too much water in his morning coffee so the taste was too bland, he spilled shampoo when he was showering, and he just have this feeling that the list will go on all day.

It's late winter now in Korean and while Taeyong usually likes the weather, today was unusually colder than previous days. Taeyong bought his hands toward his mouth to breath hot air into the freezing skin; the jacket he chose this morning did nothing to warm his body. He was on his way to the company's building, having appointment with the production team regarding some of the tracks in their upcoming comeback.

"Morning." Taeyong greeted the men inside the studio. He got various replies from the crew production as the idol placed his bag into the cushion and make himself comfortable in one of the vacant chairs. The lead producer talked about reviewing some of their previous recording and adding ad-libs to the song while also doing some mixing if possible; Taeyong agreed to both.

And so he began to work.

People said when you are doing something you love; something you're passionate about, you will get lost in time. Well, that's true; the moment they finally finished doing their tasks, it was already past noon. The team took a quick coffee and snacks, brought by one of the managers, and reviewing their work today.

The song sounds amazing.

"Phew- that was one hell of song. Good work as usual, Taeyong-ah." The song engineer complimented the idol with a clasp on his shoulder.

"Thanks, hyung. I think the boys did a really good job in recording. They improved so much, I'm a happy parent." Taeyong replied, leaning back into his swivel chair. "My ad-libs are one point, but maybe we should contact the boys again to get their input for the vocal ad-libs?"

"Yeah, we need more harmonization for the last chorus, you have names in mind?"

"Yup. Their voice will be perfect match. Youngjae-hyung, can you arrange Haechan, Doyoung-ie, and Taeil-hyung for additional recording session?" Taeyong tilted his head to face his manager who's standing behind him. The said man took out his phone and busied himself with it.

"Doyoung and Taeil would be no problem this week. But I think Hyuck has some dance session with the Dream, I will have to contact Jungsu first." He said, pocketing the device back into his jacket.

"Sweet. We will do some mixing after lunch break. Take some rest, boi." The music engineer said while munching his glazed donut.

"Will do." Taeyong answered with amused chuckle.

They took a long break after that. Some of the crew went out of the studio to grab some food from the cafeteria below, the manager went out to make schedule for their next week, and Taeyong choose to remains inside the studio, making himself comfortable in the soft couch.