Chapter 06 - The Drizzle

He tried to remember; where was he, how the hell did he ended up in this situation at the first place, anything, as long as it helps ease the confusion growing within his tired mind.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

It's been 5 days.

There's good news and bad news after 5 torturous day since the incident.

The good news was the police manage to catch the criminal. They arrested him on his residence. The police said that the man was assumed to have mental illness as they caught him breaking down all furniture inside his own apartment; his mobile phone and laptop were both smashed into bits and they found burned papers all over his apartment. The papers were burned to ashes, making the polices unable to identify what the papers were. They found out that the man has no family and acquaintances, was fired from his job not so long ago, and he had been drinking a lot. Heavy medicine such as Zolpidem tartrate, Lorazepam, and Temazepam -drugs used for sleeping troubles- were also found. It's a typical sign of depressed person who has bad coping mechanism which ended up committing crime, they said. The police said that they will conclude this case as a theft-attempt and assault, and the only things they need was Taeyong's statement.

But Jaehyun didn't care.

All he cared is that the man was arrested, got thrown into either prison or mental asylum, and will never bother them again.

Now the bad news, Taeyong isn't waking up yet.

It's been only -only?- 5 days but it's felt like forever to Jaehyun.

The news was spreading fast in media; new articles emerged here and there, daily news talking about their incident almost every morning, and the worst, media social had been in uproar state that the agency urged them not to look at them for a time being. Jaehyun knew that in the internet, so many speculations arise and the company can only do much to control the fire, hence, the constrain.

They also got a lot of calls from their relatives, friends, and families, asking their condition and safety; both were taken care of. They fixed the door lock and even installed new security system. Their apartment also took responsibility for the broke in and upgraded their security protocol; now the guard shift is more frequent and more CCTV were installed all around the complex.

In those five days the members took shift visiting the still unconscious leader.

Dreamies and WayV also visited, Jaehyun still remember a frantic Ten came to Taeyong's hospital room on the first day with an equally worried Sicheng and Lucas. The shorter man then spent almost an hour crying beside the sleeping leader.

It took Sicheng, Lucas, and they even had to called Kun, to dragged Ten back to their dorm since the dancer refused to leave. Kun brought the other 3 Chinese member in the afternoon, with a beautiful purple peonies bouquet on his arm. Kun had said that the ones who choose the pretty flowers was Xiaojun, Hendery, and Yangyang themselves.

Their visit was brief, because the time limitation from the hospital, and the police also limited the people visiting Taeyong's hospital room.

Johnny was the one who stay at Taeyong's side during the first day, him and Yuta, with the addition of two police officers outside the room. The guards were there because at that time the culprit was still on run, with the possibility of him is Taeyong's sasaeng/anti-fans still present. The police and agency -and also the members- afraid that the man will try to visit Taeyong if he is indeed his sasaeng/anti-fans.