3

same day

i looked at the clock beside my bed, and realized it was about time i go pick up Lola from school.

i sighed grabbing my keys, and heading out of the door.
it's not that i didn't like being a father, i just didn't like being a single father...

it was just extra work, especially when your child is little and still developing.
what especially sucks for the child that grows up in a one parent household, is that they can lack certain skills, or can have development problems.
as both parents play a different role in the child's life.
(btw, if anyone if having any problems or are feeling bad, you can always text me)

grayson started the car, trying not to think about it too much, trying to clear his head from those evil thoughts that stormed over him once in a while.

parking his car in the lot, grayson got out and headed towards the entrance.
the teachers were escorting kids out of the classrooms, and taking them to the mini playground to wait until their parents come to get them.

i went over to look for Lola and found her standing with an older lady, probably a teacher, holding her hand a crying.

i sorta panicked and rushed over to Lola, and she ran up and latched onto me.
"baby what happened?!" i questioned looking at the cut on her forehead.
"she fell while playing on the playground just now," the older lady explained.
"oh okay thank u," i nodded and picked Lola up, walking to our car.

"you're fine baby, it's just a little bump," i ensured, while dabbing a little alcohol on the scratch.
"here, leave it on you're all good," i said putting a bandage on her head.

"so i didn't ask, how was your first day!" i asked tickling her sides
"Stopppppp daddy!" Lola giggled holding her stomach.
i smiled, and let her go, letting her answer .
"it was good daddy, i made a new friend!"
"oh awesome! what's her name?"
"her name is bella, and she said she don't have a mommy?" bella said confused.
i nodded my head, you don't either.
"cool! what do u want for dinner babygirl?"
Lola stayed quiet, thinking of what she wants,
"PIZZA!!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands.
"okay okay," i laughed kissing her cheek and going to grab the phone...

grayson has put Lola to sleep after dinner, meaning he now has a little time for himself.
going in his room, grayson laid in his bed and stared at the ceiling.
thoughts circling his head.

why did my girlfriend leave me?

am i a good dad?

does my child deserve someone better than me?

how did i get over my girlfriend leaving so fast?

did i even like her enough? why did i have a child with her?

am i gay?

grayson froze at the last question, shaking his head and trying to knock some sense into himself.
no definitely not gay he thought,
grayson you like females, and females only.

his head was pounding and he felt lightheaded. trying to get up and get water, but he fell down.
he gulped and helped himself up, slowly.
getting up and holding onto things around him, he finally made it the the fridge.
grabbing a bottle of water, he tried his best to open it with his now weak hands, why was he feeling like this?

finally resting on the couch after taking an Advil and drinking some water, he felt a bit better.
grayson tilted his head back and rested it on the couch, just as he was about to close his eyes he heard, "daddy?"

he looked to the side and saw Lola is her onesie, holding her pink blanket, she walked towards him and cuddled into his side, putting the blanket over herself and falling asleep.
grayson pulled her in his lap, and they both fell asleep...

"hunny, you have to get ready,"
"but daddy i don't feel good!" Lola cried.
i felt her forehead, it was hot. and she looked flushed.
"okay, um i'll call your school i guess," i said, putting her back in bed and grabbed my cell, calling the school.

I went to the fridge to grab some cough medicine but we were out.
shit
i cant leave her here alone.
well guess i'll have to take her with me...

"i'm so sorry baby, but i need to go grab some medicine for you, and i can't leave you here, u need to come with me," i said picking her up, along with her blanket.
third pov
grayson walked into the store holding Lola, while she slept on his shoulder.
he walked over to the medicine aisle, and accidentally bumped into someone,
"i'm so sorry, i wasn't looking," grayson quickly apologized only to find a man holding his daughter just the way grayson was holding lola....

so sorry for the shorter chapters, this one is longer, also the first chapters are just to show you how grayson lives his daily life as a single dad. pls vote and comment 💕