Chapter Thirty Two

Edited ✔️

Hi readers! I just have one request to support this series. Is it okay if you guys comment, vote and especially share more? It's amazing how many people enjoy my series, and I am glad to be writing for your enjoyment. But I'd feel even more motivated if there were more people that I could write for :) thank you for the continued support, and I hope you like this new chapter!

Icetail's fur was on end when he spotted Silverpaw, hissing and snarling to a cat so familiar that it made Icetail's heart break. Dewfang against Silverpaw—no, that can't happen! Icetail's brother was a fierce warrior with real battle experience. On top of that, he was now a known murderer in the Clans. She'll be shredded! he thought with fear. And if he jumped out there, then he would have to fight his own kin, the very brother he grew up with.

He watched from the bushes as Silverpaw defended herself, backing away slowly. Before cutting in, he hoped could find out what his brother was doing now that he was exiled from MoonClan. He couldn't have possibly joined DarkClan, right? he thought, recalling Graysoul's ambush. That would be the only place he could go to without being called a murderer. It made sense!

"Why are you here?" demanded Silverpaw. She was shaking with fear. She only had a few moons worth of battle training, making her significantly weaker than him.

Dewfang's tail lashed eagerly. "To see the death of my brother."

"You can't kill Icetail!" she spat in reply. "You're a coward and a traitor! You're nothing but that!"

Dewfang shook his head. "I did this all for a good purpose," meowed the brilliantly white-furred warrior. "On the day of our apprentice ceremony, everything began, Silverpaw. It is beyond your understanding. I had a dream that night, where I was being chased in a dark forest by a cat who seemed like he wanted to kill  But then I finally stopped and listened to what he had to say. He told me that I could rule the Clans, that I can be the strongest and most powerful cat in this whole forest. And who'd turn down an offer like that?"

"Where is this going?" Silverpaw whispered, taking another step back. Icetail's fur was on end.

I had a very similar dream, he thought, but the only difference was that I wasn't given that offer. I was only given the offer to live or die.

"I was getting there," said Dewfang, taking a step forward. "This cat told me that I had to kill someone in order to achieve leadership, and I agreed to it. The one I had to kill was a gray cat—no, a silver cat. Her fur was as brilliant as yours, it looked as if the stars itself were in her pelt! She came to me, and then I did what I was told—I killed her. She didn't suspect it! Her beauty did not stop me from taking a step closer to destiny."

Icetail listened with horror. That's why I also was stunned by Silverpaw's appearance when she was born! We both met that beautiful silver she-cat. She had saved me . . . while on the other paw, Dewfang killed her.

"You see now, Icetail?" Dewfang called, his head snapping towards Icetail's direction. Icetail froze in spot, his fur bristling when he realized that he'd been spotted. "There's always a reason behind everything, brother!"

"I see that your senses are still sharp as ever," snarled Icetail, forcing himself to stand. He knew that he was at a disadvantage now that he had been seen, but there was nowhere to run to now.

Dewfang laughed. "I knew you were there this whole time, Icetail. My real objective was to let you know my half of the story. By the way, where's Graysoul?"

"Graysoul's dead," Icetail said bluntly.

"I told him to be careful around you," muttered Dewfang with annoyance. "Anyway, let's settle this, okay? I know what you want."