Chapter Twenty Five

August
I called Jae plenty of times and got no answer for the past month. Then, I find out her number is disconnected. I called everybody that knows her and nobody knew where she is. I was supposed to see her next month but I doubt she's gonna be there. Ima go fly there to stop by to see what's going on with her.
Jaelynn
I sipped my coconut water as I laid back in my beach chair admiring the view. I was in Trinidad, where my family is from. I'd been here for the past month and completely disconnected myself from everyone. I got a new phone and a new number and I haven't spoken to anyone else. But sadly, today is my last day here. I start back work again the day after tomorrow. I needed a little time for myself and to clear my mind.
When I got back, I sighed. Back to the busy life. I walked into my apartment complex and unlocked my door. I began unpacking. After a while, I heard a knock on the door. I went to see who it was and saw August. I wasn't even mad anymore. I was numb actually. I opened the door allowing him to come in. He looked very worried. "Jae, where you been? What happen? You ok? Wassup witcho phone?" I giggled at his worry. "I'm fine, August. I took a break from Atlanta." "Why you didn't call me ma?" "I figured you were to busy having threesomes to even care about me." "What?" "Yeah, I know August. And honestly, I'm over it. It's fine. We just aren't meant to be." "I didn't have no threesome." "Why are you going to continue lying?" "I'm really not lying ma. Who told you that?" "Shayna." He chuckled. "She lied. Tara and this other girl tried to have a threesome with me, but I stopped it, I swear ma. Then, Shayna found out and tried to pressure me into doing it, but I fired her. She lied to you." I didn't say anything. I was caught in thought. I wanna believe August, but he's lied so many times before. But it does make sense that Shayna would say that. I mean, she did say she was gonna make sure August and I aren't together anymore. He took my hand. "You see that ring? What I told you that ring stand for?" "You told me that it was your promise to treat me right and not hurt me anymore." "I'm holding my promise ma. I love you and I want us to work. I'm not gonna break my promise." I sat silently. "Give me your phone." he handed me his phone and I opened it using my fingerprint. I scrolled thru his messages seeing only business messages and stuff. I nodded in approval and scrolled thru his contacts not seeing any Tara or Shayna.
I handed him his phone back. "Ok, I trust you." He hugged me and I hugged him back then he kissed me.
**
Yall think he being honest?