episode 6 round 3 Ash vs Ritchie

Since the field battles were over and done with, Ash and Ritchie will face each other on a normal battle field. Those in the Top 16 and up will no longer have three on three battles, but Full Battles. The means it will be a six on six battle.

"We're now down to the Top 16! To the trainers who have made it this far, congratulations! Let's introduce the two who will be facing against each other! In the Blue corner is Ritchie of Frodomar City!"

Ritchie steps up to the podium looking determined.

"And in the Red corner is Ash Ketchum, the trainer who no trainer has been able to be defeated!"

Ash appeared looking equally determined.

Misty looked down at the arena with a worried look, "I knew they would have to battle each other eventually, but to have it actually happen..."

"Hm, let's just hope nothing changes after this." Brock says grimly.

"Don't worry," Delia smiled at them, "These two won't let this battle ruin the bond they already have."

Aida nodded her head in agreement.

Misty and Brock could see they knew what they were talking about, so they believed in them.

"This will be a six-on-six battle between Ritchie and Ash Ketchum! There are no substitutions allowed! The first trainer to knock out all of the opposing trainer's pokemon is the winner! Trainer's call out your first pokemon!"

Ritchie went first, "Go, Happy!" He called out his Butterfree.

"Free (I'm ready to role)!" Happy said.

Ash smiled at the sight of Happy, he could tell Ritchie's trained his Butterfree well over the course of two months. Better take this battle seriously.

"Pidgeot, Standby!" Ash calls out his flying type pokemon.

Pidgeot is an avian Pokémon with large wings, sharp talons, and a short, hooked beak. Its glossy plumage is mostly brown with cream-colored underparts and flight feathers. Its head has a decorated crest that is nearly as long as its body. The center feathers of its crest are yellow, while the outer feathers are red. The fan-like feathers of its tail are red or brown. Its beak and legs are pink, and there three forward-facing toes and one backward-facing toe on each foot. Behind each eye is an angular black marking.

"So Ash's Pigdeotto evolved into a Pidgeot." Brock said, sounding impressed.

"Looks how big it is!" Misty said in awe as she stared at Pidgeot.

"Ritchie's Butterfree better be prepared to go all out." Pat comments.

Ritchie scanned Pidgeot:

[Pidgeot, the Bird Pokémon. The evolved form of Pidgeotto. It can fly at twice the speed of sound at an altitude of nearly one mile.]

'Not only that, but it looks strong, too. I'm not gonna hold back, so don't you hold back either, Ash!' Ritchie thought with a smile.

"Butterfree versus Pidgeot, battle...begin!"

"Happy, start this battle off with Poison Powder!" Ritchie ordered, making the first move.

Happy releases waves of purple powder from its wings Pidgeot.

"Disperse that attack with Gust." Ash countered.

Pidgeot flaps its wings and white energy is released, hitting Happy.

"Don't give in Happy!" Ritchie tells his pokemon.

Happy recovers from the attack quickly, impressing Ash. He's definitely gotten better.