Chapter 1

Her back was placed behind her partner's.
Leaning on the other for support.
Her closed hands held together, aiming.
"Do you hear that?" she whispered to her partner.
The partner looked around, "Yes, yes I think I do." They responded.
She nodded her head quickly and gestured toward a nearby bush.
Her partner followed her into hiding.

"That must be them." Her partner whispered, nudging her.
She nodded once more, "I'll take out the red head, you get the blonde." she requested.
"On it."

The two of them aimed their hands just barely out the bush to focus on the girls.
"Target identified, aim. Steady." She said.
She squinted her eyes as a smirk formed across her face, "Fire."

"Pew pew." Rapunzel and Anna screamed in unison as they began shooting imaginary bullets at their friends.
Merida face palmed, "We're friends with th' biggest dorks on th' planet."
Elsa giggled, "You gotta love them."
Rapunzel smiled.
"Yeah you have to love us. We. Are. Awesome." Anna explained.
Rapunzel crossed her arms, "Yeah, you guys are probably just jealous you aren't as cool as us." she joked, walking closer to the fountain towards her friends as Anna followed.
As people passed by the fountain they greeted Rapunzel.
She smiled and waved, occasionally responding with their names.
Anna would jump in for the attention.
"Popular dorks." Merida mumbled.
Elsa couldn't help but chuckle at Merida's comment.
"Later losers, I'm gunna go to th' breakfast line. Anyone want anythin'?" Merida said placing her bag by Elsa's feet.
Anna jumped up and raised her hand, "OO! I want the cinnamon rolls!" she exclaimed.
Merida began walking off, "Well then get in line and get some cinnamon rolls."
"Wait what? Didn't you just--"
"Nope."

As Anna ran to catch up with her friend Elsa turned to her.
"How was winter break?"
Rapunzel's eyes widened, "Me?"
Elsa nudged her head upwards, "Rapunzel, you don't always have to feel like your on the sidelines. We're just as interested in you."
Rapunzel began intertwining her hair in her fingers, "I-I know."
She let out a breath as she looked at the ground, "Mother was home often. So it was good."
"What about Christmas?"
Rapunzel blinked, recollecting her memory.
After a long pause she jumped up, "Mother got me paints!"
Elsa narrowed an eyebrow, "Is that it?"
"Well, yes..." Rapunzel said avoiding eye contact, "What else would she get? Either way I am thankful."
"I've met Gothel before I'm sure she could have affo--"
Rapunzel closed her eyes and smiled, "My gift was amazing. Thank you for taking an interest in me."
Elsa was left speechless.
So kind. Forgiving.
To everyone.
Except one person.

He arrived around the same time Anna and Merida came back with their trays of food.
No one noticed him approaching.
"Oh, hi guys." Rapunzel said waving to her friends.
"We're back and we brought food to share!" Anna announced.
"You brought food to share." Merida added, "I brought some for meself."

"Hey, what's up ladies." Jack's voice interrupted.
Generally, flirting wasn't his thing.
But he'd do anything to make Rapunzel angry.
Such a rare sight for anyone but him.

He shot finger guns at Elsa, "Hey cool queen, looking good as always." he bantered as her face turned pink.
He winked at Anna, causing her to get weak in the knees, "Anna, you look great, the braids suit you well."
He jokingly punched Merida in the shoulder, "Frizzball, what's up."
Merida gritted her teeth, "Snowman."

He then stopped his gaze, looking at Rapunzel, "Corona Virus."
Rapunzel's eyebrows lowered, "Frostbite." she responded.
"Ditsy." he continued.
"Arrogant." she hissed.
"Clumsy."
"Immature."
"Coward."
"Disobedient."
Jack paused. He slowly raised the corners of his mouth, "Predictable."
Rapunzel paused as she watched his lips form the word, "What... What did you..."
"You, Rapunzel Corona are..." he paused. "predictable..." he slowly said again. Putting extra emphasis on the word.
Rapunzel steadily blinked once before reopening her eyes with a new expression.
One unfamiliar, even to Jack.
"How... Dare you..." she quietly mumbled.
Jack leaned in and turned his head in an effort to hear her better, "What?" he asked.
"HOW DARE YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO CALL ME PREDICTABLE WHEN EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE CAN BE DETERMINED BY ONE OF YOU FAN GIRLS. I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU AND EVEN I KNOW WHAT YOU DO BECAUSE YOURE SO BASIC." Rapunzel shouted at him.
Gaining looks from the other students in the courtyard.
Jack's face now getting as red as hers.
"OH, YOU MUST THINK YOU HAVE THE WORLD ALL FIGURED OUT, HUH CORONA? YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME EXCEPT WHAT I WANT YOU TO SEE." he argued back poking her in the chest.
"Ohhh, don't you dare touch me." Rapunzel ordered.
Jack slightly turned his head upwards, "And what exactly are you gonna do about it, Little Ms. Predictable?" he remarked, poking her again.
Rapunzel huffed and raised her fist before pausing half way in the air. Staring him down.
The vice principal, Mr. Black, grabbed Rapunzel's fist, despite her already holding back her punch.
"Rapunzel, Jack. My office during lunch." he bellowed, lowering her hand and quietly walking away.
Whispers erupted between all the students in the courtyard.
Merida and Anna snorted.
"Ya guys are so gunna get expelled." Merida commented.
Elsa joined in, "You guys should be ashamed. This is our first day back at school since the break, it hasn't even been an hour and you two already managed to get in trouble."
Jack looked at her offended, "Hey, I'm not in your little squad, don't lecture me."
Anna grinned, "You're absolutely right, we can just tell Hiccup and he can lecture you. I'm sure the Student Body President would be much more enlightening then my sister." she lightly threatened.
Jack raised his hands in the air and backed away, "No, it's fine, you're right."
Rapunzel clenched her teeth together as he walked away.
"Angry Punz is by far my favorite lass. Why don't we get to see her more often?" Merida laughed.
Elsa slapped Merida's wrist, "We do not condone this behavior, Merida."
Merida rubbed her wrist, "Yer yellin' at the wrong person, Els. Yer lucky I don't hit friends." Merida grumbled.
Anna laughed.
Anna then turned her head to Rapunzel. She watched her friend count with her eyes closed.
"Hey," Anna said rubbing Rapunzel shoulder, "I think you both had some pretty solid arguments and would make kick ass lawyers." she chuckled.
Rapunzel slightly smiled, "Man, mom is going to kill me. I've been to detention so many times Mr. Black has even remembered my name."
Anna giggled again, "Well, he remembered Jack's too."
"His name is like four letters, big deal, mine is eight and in German it means lettuce."
"Wait, what?"
Rapunzel shrugged, "I don't know, it's either German or cabbage."
"What?"
Rapunzel sat one the fountain and hurried her face in her hands, "Oh I'm going to be in so much trouble." she whispered.
Anna sat beside her, "Why do you and Jack fight all the time?"
Merida quickly sat down, "Yeh, why?"
Elsa shook her head, "They've just never been able to get along. I don't really think there's a reason behind it."
Anna's jaw opened wide as she covered her mouth, "Oh my God, wait, it's like Romeo and Juliet. No one knows how the feud started but everyone just kind of goes with it."
Merida looked at her confused, "The Capulet's and Montague's didn't like eachother but Romeo and Juliet did. These two don't like eachother period. If anythin' maybe their great grand children will fall in love but there's a flaw somewhere in your logic." Merida commented.
The others stared at her in amazement.
"Guys, chill. I don't like books but I like Tybalt." she assured them.
Rapunzel nodded, "No way would any of my relatives ever fall for a Frost, they're mean and they're rude. And ignorant. And--"