Travis Mann

It was breakfast time in eighth grade and I was sitting with my best friend Olivia.

It was one week until Valentine's Day and me and Olivia were talking.

Alishaba: Omg guess what Olivia?!
Olivia: What?
Alishaba: Okay, so you know how Valentine's Day is coming up??
Olivia: yeah?
Alishaba: Well... I have a crush!!!!

After I said that Olivia literally spit milk out of her mouth.

Olivia: Omg really???
Alishaba: yupppp
Olivia: Well, who is it???
Alishaba: TRAVIS MANN!!!!
Olivia: Aww he's super cute!

He wasn't. 🙄

Alishaba: IKR??!!
Olivia: So how are you gonna tell him??
Alishaba: I'm gonna send him a Valentine's gram! But I'm gonna make it like a secret admirer note

I walked over to the gram station and paid for a gram.
On the gram I wrote 'DEAR TRAVIS, I LIKE YOU- from your secret admirer phone #-205-123-4567
I turned in the gram and walked away really proud for whatever reason.

VALENTINE'S DAY

Travis and his friend Dylan were in the classroom talking about the grams that were being handed out around the room.

Dylan: So do you think this is gonna be the year you finally get a heart gram?
Travis: I mean, I hope so...

The student council kid goes up to Travis and gives him a heart gram.

Travis: Woah! I actually got one!!!
Dylan: Yeah, but from who???

Dylan swipes up the heart gram from Travis and writes down the phone number.

Travis: Dude!
Dylan: Now both of us can try and find your mystery girl!
Travis: You're a genius!

Dylan and Travis high five.
It was now the end of the school day and Travis and I got on our two different busses.
We both sit down and Travis decides to text me.

TEXT CONVO:
Travis: Hey
Alishaba: Hey
Travis: So, what's your name???
Alishaba: Hmm... how bout we play 20 questions and you can guess who I am?

(Yes I know this was very weird but I watched A Cinderella Story the night before 👉🏼👈🏼)

Travis: ughh fine

And so long story short he guessed it was me and told me that he liked me too and made me feel all special. Now I know what you're thinking 'isn't this supposed to be a failed love story?' Well I'm getting to that part....

So the next day I'm walking home from the bus stop and Travis texts me.

TEXT CONVO
Travis: Heyyy
Alishaba: Hiiii
Travis: Umm... so I wanted to talk to you about yesterday and how I said that I like you too.
Alishaba: Oh, is everything okay?
Travis: Yeah it's just that well I do like you I just don't think I want a girlfriend right now...

And after that we proceeded to be friends... for a couple of weeks... until he... completely ghosted me...

And then... there was Caspian August... my first boyfriend... which only lasted a couple of weeks.