||Epilogue ||

In this part, some of the medical scenes are included which is inaccurate. Please, remember it's a fictional story. I don't know much about heart transplantation. Some scenes may not make sense, but I tried my best to justify the scene.

****

"After I die, if I am buried I will rot. If I am burnt, I will become ash. But if my body is donated, I will live to give life and happiness to many."

***

Life and death are on the same thread; unpredictable. We would never know who would leave the world. No one could see their loved one in the bed of death. Sanskar's condition wasn't better seeing his Shonimoni lay on a hospital bed lifeless.

This was not how he thought their story was going to be; end even before starting.

He dialed his mother's number but disconnected, not knowing how to give her news.

Waiting before ICU gave Sanskar a creepy feeling. It was the place that brings happiness to some and sorrows to some. For some odd reasons, he despised going to hospitals. But now that his love of life lying there motionless, he had to.

"She will make it!" He keeps on muttering, she had to make it for him and their love. At first, he was reluctant to leave ICU, security guards pushed him out of the room.

He saw her mother distressed- a mother whose child fighting a crucial battle, "Will she---"

"She will be fine. I'm sure she will make it. She has to." He said, praying his words would come true. She hugged him.

"Doctor said... We should prepare ourselves for the worst scenario." Her mother's voice quivers.

Sanskar embraced her mother, consoling her, "Aunt... Trust me, she will be fine."

"You know Swara hates tears. She wanted to leave with a smile on her face. So we never stopped her from anything." Said her father, with a painful smile on his face.

He described her condition. Her fate was determined at the age of fifteen. There is only a minuscule chance for her survival. For her survival, someone must die and donate their heart to her. As if it was that simple as it sounds.

Her father tried his influences, by all means, yet could not find a heart for his daughter. He felt despondency, even with money he could not do anything for his daughter.

"Swara hated to see us seeing her as a patient. So we never treated her like patient. That's why I did not stop her from going excursion with you. I kept medication in her bag in case of an emergency." Sanskar listened to her mother's words incredulously.

"Then why she did not tell me?" He cried out.

"She doesn't want you to know about her disease." She said softly.

Sanskar was still in shock. He hoped it was just a nightmare, it would vanish when he woke up.

However, unfortunately, it was real.

He saw Lord Krishna's sculpture, nearby, and bowed his head in front of the idol - with closed eyes and palms joined, he prayed to God, "Please God! not her."

He assured himself God would never be so cruel to snatch his love from him. Then he made up his mind and called his mother, informed her about Swara. She could not believe it at first, but later said she would come there soon.